On Thursday, I went ballooning.
I haven't gone as much this summer. Denny was out of town for a week plus just before I headed up north for ten days, and add to that my trying to single parent all summer - well, it just makes it tougher. It was fun to have everything line up for me to go on Thursday. It was the first time I've been to a launch since balloonfest. (!!!) I met once between balloonfest and Thursday but it ended up being too windy.
A clump of freshly mowed grass had flown into the balloon. Not good to have in there when we start burning.
This elementary school will be full of activity tomorrow morning!
The soccer fields were empty on this night.
With no visible let up in my husband's schedule in sight - I didn't even sign our boys up for fall soccer this year. This momma can only extend herself so far.
Flying low over subdivisions is always fun.
We get to visit and tell them their roof looks good.
Sometimes it feels as if we must be skimming the peaks.
More visiting and wondering if we'll be able to land in that culdesac. We didn't get quite enough turn to do it. Close, but not close enough.
The colors are starting. It's official.
A great night out.
As for today -
- My body aches. I moved a lot of wood yesterday. With school starting tomorrow, a full week ahead and Greg on overtime - it had to be done.
- I'll be doing more today.
- If the forecast was better for this afternoon - I had plans to take the kids out for one last summer fling, but the forecast is daunting.
- So yard clean up and backpack stuffing it is.
- Last evening we enjoyed a family barbeque at my brother's house.
- 9:38 this morning and only Mark and I are awake.
- Tomorrow will be an adjustment.
- I've never been a believer of trying to get them on a school sleeping schedule before school starts.
- They get so anxious regarding the first day of school that they won't sleep well tonight anyway.
- The boys are both looping this year so it eliminates a lot of the first day jitters
- Time for me to start hauling some wood.
- Happy Monday!
- be good.