If you can imagine, I come home with hundreds of photos every balloonfest. It takes me a bit to go through them and pick out my favorites.
This launch was much more relaxed than our Friday night launch. It was a non-competition flight, and we could launch anytime between 7:15 and 8:15.
Here I may have been egging Tommy on saying, come on Tommy - make it look like this job is hard.
Less than twenty minutes later he nearly rolled my arm shut into the passenger window while I was waving to my daughter.
It never stops.
Once again, the balloon chasing traffic was hard to get around. Before we knew it, Laura had jumped out and was clearing the road. She dominated the yellow line for a bit, but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough. It was a bit of a rough landing with the winds, so the goal was to be as close as possible to help pull them out of the sky. We didn't make it, but thankfully there were others around to help out.
As we drove by Laura, she yells - don't stop! I'm a farm girl - I can jump in while you're driving!
Our pilot didn't stay for the balloon glow this year, so Rachel and I watched from the hill for a change of pace. All views are awesome.
I was texting the girls and told them to meet me at the car after the first all glow. This had us beating exit traffic and me showered and in bed at a semi decent time, as Sunday morning comes really early on Balloonfest weekend.
- I was excited to see a lull in our calendar this upcoming week. Greg will be out of town, as per usual for the week of the Fourth, but the only items on our calendar for next week are the boy's karate classes. We've been running full tilt since school got out, so this is dreamy.
- Yesterday's project, with the cooler temperatures, was to put on some long sleeves and yank out the side garden - pulling up all the Creeping Myrtle and Poison Ivy.
- My grip is sore this morning.
- I threw my gloves straight in the garbage. New ones are on the shopping list.
- I scrubbed thoroughly afterwards. I'm not feeling super optimistic, but I'm really hoping I don't find myself itching anytime soon.
- Brian caught some sort of summer bug. Headache and a fever.
- He's feeling a little bit better this morning, but still has the headache.
- I was wondering if I should cancel my dentist appointment, but decided to go ahead and go for it.
- Both boys woke up before 7 this morning, which is odd for our house.
- I made some rhubarb cake last night. It went well with this morning's first cup of coffee.
Time for me to get something done.