photo from Sunday
I've worked so hard to try to get him to try something other than the daily completely monochromatic look, to the point of even begging the art teacher to work with him on complimentary colors (the perks of working in the school) - that I had to let this one go. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm battling for
But now let's talk about blogging.
Did you know that I've been blogging for about one month shy of eleven years?
Do you remember when I first started blogging, I'd have a blog post up every day by 7am? If I didn't - I'd get bombed with emails wondering if I was okay.
Those were the days.
I still love blogging, so no - I'm not giving it up yet - but as time moves on, the daily schedules change.
I thought I'd give you a list of what all was in my day today to give you an idea of why I Don't get around to blogging daily at this stage. smile
- Rise and Shine. About eight months ago or so I began starting every day with a cup of hot lemon water. I sip this while catching up on news and emails.
- A half hour later - breakfast (multi-grain Cheerios with fruit and pecans on top) and coffee
- Today - I squeezed in paying the bills before I woke up the boys.
- I showered and got ready for work while the boys did their part of getting ready.
- Walked to school
- Worked my transfer bus shift
- Walked again - past my house and to the print shop to do an hour shift.
- Walked again - back home, ate a quick lunch (today - all I had time for was a protein drink) and headed back to school for my lunch shift.
- Home again - brushed the fresh snow off my van. Gathered a few things around the house while it was warming up.
- Drove one block to the print shop for a 50 minute shift.
- Mentioned that I wasn't sure about coming in just for 50 minutes, but they were glad to have me. I got jokingly challenged that I was expected to get 100 books bound in that 50 minutes.
- I did 106.
- Drove to school, getting there in time for the pictures I promised to take at 3:00.
- Took the pictures.
- Dragged both of my boys out of their classes so they'd take down the flag and I wouldn't have to.
- Gathered their stuff from their lockers after they left for after school swim.
- Caught Wendy in the youngest CI room where she volunteers once a week, and gave her 'make dinner' instructions. Patted myself on the back for remembering both that she was there, and that we needed dinner.
- Drove to the high school and watched the very exciting boys freshmen basketball game. It was easily the best freshmen game I've ever been to. I was bummed to have to leave just as the fourth quarter was beginning.
- But I had to - swimming was over. Got the boys.
- Back home - got the boys working on their homework while dinner finished cooking.
- printed the pictures I took at 3:00
- started setting up the new electric blanket that showed up on my porch today.
- Left instructions for Brian and Wendy, said good luck to Mark, kissed my husband and headed out to the PTO meeting.
- Meeting lasted 30 minutes. I may have had (two cups of) coffee.
- Made it to Mark's basketball game for the last ten minutes - got to see him play.
- Meijer. I was out of my cashew milk. Bought ten box top items to earn the extra 60 box tops that was just mentioned at the PTO meeting. Wrote mock up emails in my head offering to accept bribes for those box tops. (some of the teachers at our school are a bit competitive)
- Stopped at the money machine on the way home to deposit my $30 'thanks for paying your MEA dues in full and on time bonus check'
- Finished setting up my new electric blanket.
- made a bedtime snack (yogurt/granola)
And due to the coffee - I may be adding a dozen more bullets before morning.