- I texted my husband a photo of our counter-less kitchen this morning and told him that it's going to be like this for 24 hours.
- I chased that text with another that said, don't worry though - I found a place for the coffee pot.
- Now to just figure out a dinner plan.
- Remember I shared yesterday that our dog is slightly traumatized?
- About that.
- I shut down last night after that blog post, and walked over to lock his kennel - but he wasn't in it. I whistled. I checked the backyard. I looked under the couch and in all the shut rooms. I checked the closet. It's happened before.
- He wasn't anywhere. I started turning on lights and really digging. Remember - the boys are in the living room now. He wasn't there either. I resorted to asking Greg if he had any ideas and he woke up to help me with the search. We were baffled. We were both sure he hadn't gotten outside.
- About to give up for not knowing what else to do, we looked over to where the boys were sleeping and there he was - wiggling out from under five blankets and in between two boys - looking at us like, 'would you two please quiet down? I'm trying to sleep'
- I busted a gut laughing. And then I locked him up.
- Mark let him out again just three hours later, at 3am. Fed him. And let him crawl right back in. It's going to feel good to get things back in order over here, but right now I feel remarkably calm about the whole upheaval. It had to be done.