It's 10:19 in Tormville. The only light in the house right now is the light from my computer. Wendy is on the couch behind me, softly snoring. The boys are sound asleep. Finally.
It's been a long day. A long long day. It was one of those days where I had to frequently pinch the bridge of my nose and count to ten. It's an embarrassing confession, but so true. I don't do well on consecutive nights of no sleep. This sixth tooth is a killer! Hoping, so so hoping, for a breakthrough soon!
At about 5:00 I took a deep breath, tossed all my hoped to do's in a pile. My layouts, my bills, my new calendar. Tossed it in a pile.
And I sat down with my very sad baby, and my big kids. And we played. We had fish and chips for supper, leftover birthday cake for dessert, and popcorn while we watched a library gotten cartoon dvd on our little tiny computer screen here. And I feel better.
I sat in the lazyboy and bow bow'ed my baby. My 9 month old teething bundle of restlessness. The term bow-bow (or bough bough?) comes from my Finland heritage. I didn't realize that until a couple years ago, I assumed everyone said it. When we rock our babies we sometimes gently sing with the beat of the rocking chair 'bough...bough...bough...bough...' man..wish i knew for certain how to spell that. Suski??? Anyhoo... I can't say rocky rocky like some of my unFinn friends do. lol it's like fingers on the chalkboard, that.
So I bou-bou'ed (gotta keep trying variations until I hit the right one) my baby and sang church hymns...and my rotten day then turned out okay.
And now I'm ready for bed, in hopes to actually sleep an hour or two tonight. But I wanted to see how much recall this mind of mine has in it for the 2005 year. I don't prewrite my posts...I'm a straight off the cuff type of gal...so here goes nuthin'.
2005. Bullet style...like Steph
- Brian Thomas - our full blooded Finn born on St. Patricks Day. What a blessing.
- We bought a 70's Trillium Camper.
- Went camping in Janesville Wisconsin and while there went to the pea sale/crop and met some online friends. fun times
- Honorable Mention in Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame contest
- Got an out of the blue email one day asking if I'd like to be on the Technique Tuesday Design Team. YEAH! It's been a great year with them, and next year is going to be even better! (that's a teaser..lol)
- Chosen for the Paper Posie DT. Another wonderful team! It's been a great 6 months so far!
- Greg's granny passed away just before Brian was born
- Went up north twice this summer - picked many many many blueberries
- Spent Thanksgiving in Shenendoah Valley
- Went camping Halloween weekend in Michigan and filled my 1 gig card in 2 1/2 days
- WENT DIGITAL! Never dreamed I'd do that...it's all Melissa's fault. ;) Thanks Melissa!!
- Joined Curves
- Started a blog!!!
- Met a goal of getting a layout in Scrapbooks, Etc...only to have it be 3 at the same time! That was a thrill.
- Took this old house of the market. We tried...we really did. It's just not meant right now.
My brain is mush.....I know I'm forgetting major things. It was fun to see what I could remember at all with no sleep. Now I can plan for tomorrows post being a list of corrections. ;)
Happy New Year!