I thought it would be fun to do a daily bit about what we've done each day in prep for the holidays. I don't know if I actually do something everyday or not...but I thought it would be fun to get a glimpse. Kind of a verbal twist on the photo a day.
- The Christmas card season officially began today, as we received Dorothy Anthony's Christmas card in the mail. Her's is always first. Well. Except for this year. This year my Uncle Rick mailed the card pile on the counter unbeknown-st to my Aunt Judy - well over a month ago already. Now they are no longer alone on my card wall
- The only decoration up so far is the Christmas wreath (and two photo cards), and that's only because I was basement cleaning a couple days ago and I didn't know where to put that box, so I emptied it. I think two weeks before Christmas is plenty soon to decorate, especially when I have two tree climbers.
- I took Brandon and Cindy's Christmas card picture this morning and I can't wait for them to see them, I'm tickled. I called them, and they were at Meijers and supposed to stop by on their way home....but I think they forgot. Or they had a LOT of shopping to do at Meijers. Anyway....it wouldn't be fair to share any of those pictures...but I'll share this one because it was just a candid between outfit changes and I really like it. Brandon's such a fun dad to watch.
- He's all buttoning up her little dress. This little girl looooves her daddy. It was a fun shoot
- I didn't get any cookies made today...I had planned on it, but things just weren't flowing that way.
- I went to Target this evening. I had to get some DVD's on which to burn pictures (see above) and I figured that Target had much more potential for more shopping fun than, say, Staples. It was successful.
- I also picked up Josh Groban's Noel CD after seeing so many rave reviews for it. And darn darn darn...I paid more for it than that. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but I plugged it right in for the ride home from the store. I like it. I enjoy picking up one new Christmas CD every year.
- When I went into Target, there was no snow. When I came out...there was snow everywhere and I had to dig out the snow brush from the back of the jeep
- I'm completely done with Allan's shopping with the exception of having to find him a game for his ds lite. I'm thinking that gift would kinda flop without something to go with it. you think?
- When I got home, my stomach felt a little off. I said to the family, "my stomach feels a little off" and Pa says, "Allan and I just said the same thing to each other". Thirty minutes later our oldest hurled into the soapy water side of the sink. I'm SO glad that Pa's home...I'm the worst worst worst when it comes to hurls. worst. My eyes water even typing about it. blech. shiver
And so begins December.....