Happy Monday - I hope everyone had an excellent weekend!
Me? Yep. What I'm the most happy with right now is that I'm making headway thru the piles that accumulated this past five/six weeks and starting to find normal again. I need that routine, that feeling of somewhat caught-up'edness. I'm getting there. I still have emails to answer, thank-you cards to write (goal is before that postage goes up) and a laundry pile so high I could bury my whole family in it - but getting there. My dryer was set up this weekend, so that'll begin humming first thing this morning - I think the timing was right on because the forecast for the week is cold (40 right now) and rainy/snowy/yuck.
How about some link sending to happier places, eh?
- One thing I got done yesterday was some major photo organizing. In the last five weeks I've taken both RAW and jpeg, but I've had no time to post process or sort. I didn't wake up yesterday planning to organize, but I needed a photo for a birthday card and it just kinda happened - I went thru the whole last five weeks and beyond and post processed, organized, deleted like mad, and began uploading them to Adorama for an order..I'm anticipating placing a very large order
- For the record, I do a lot of printing at home using both my HP8350 and my A716 Compact Printer - but about twice a year I become overcome (heh) by the need to print off the last six months of my life - which equals a few hundred photos....then I place an order. It's a good balance.
- Speaking of laundry hampers (what...we weren't talking about hampers?) I need this. Actually - four of them, 3 1/2 feet high each. sigh. Once I saw that, nothing else will do - but I can't afford them. I shall have to learn to make them, that's all there is to it.
- The photo above? I took it yesterday morning, it was what he was doing, what he needed to do, after doing this.
- And did I ever show you my brother's foot? Okay - I did, but you had to be quick that night - I was trying to edit and accidentally deleted. So there it is again. Does he not have the longest toes? And here I was, so excited to see pictures he took of Portland...and he shares his foot? My brother has an odd sense of humor
- And while I was uploading photo upon photo upon photo yesterday - I had time to browse around in blogland. I love this project that Debbie shared.
- And whenever I browse Debbie's blog, I come away lusting after Copic markers again.
- But for Mother's Day this year, I'm hoping to get this six million dollar home - it's not too much, is it?
- Speaking of Mother's Day - I've already made a card for my mother. Yes..yes I did. It's going to be part of the festivities, challenges, games and tutorials over at Scrapsupply this coming weekend for National Scrapbooking Day - and it's going to be fun! Plan on it!
- Also on the scrappy side - I very impulsively signed up for - oh crap - she's got a brownie in her banner and now I'm hungry - Stacy Julian's keynote address at our local megameet in a couple weeks. I'm excited - I've never heard her speak, but have heard literally hundreds of testimonies of how worth it is to listen to her speak if one has the chance...so I signed up. That was two days before I balanced my checkbook...it was meant.
- Okay - the boys are starting to fuss....so I have to bring this link send morning to a close - oh, but wait...there's still a giveaway. Okay.....you've all read me rave about Debbie Hodge and her classes before....and her Scrap Your Events class begins this week - and I, along with Paula Gilarde, Amber Ries, Erin Campbell-Pope and Shaunte Wadley will be guest designing. We've been having a lot of fun over in the forums already and now I'd like to give away a free class pass to someone who posts on this entry. I'll pick and email a winner tomorrow morning - 6:30 am EST.
Now back to my mom job
It was so hard to only be able to choose one winner - I have a hard time with this part - I passed the bucket to my son and had him choose.
Congratulations to Mary Bright! See you in class!!!!