I bought a jumprope, and I use it.
(I think I just saw the eyebrows raise on 70% of my readers)
See - I'm really serious about this lifestyle change this time.
Why a jumprope? Several reasons.
1. It's inexpensive (got me a nice rope for $2.99)
2. It's small, easy to store - unlike the excercise ball I bought a few months ago (and used once - it ended up being a joke with 2 little boys rolling around with me)
3. It's one of the fastest calorie burners out there
4. It's easy to get to - unlike Curves or water aerobics which I also enjoy, but don't fit into my schedule right now
5. It's nostalgic - I think of my childhood while I jump. (more on that tomorrow)
6. The kids are afraid to come near me when I jump - so it's an effective way to create some personal space
I can't ask for anything more than that, right?
So if you happen to be walking by my house after 10pm and hear a whisk. whisk. whisk. *huff pant huff pant huff* - that's me. Just keep on walking. :) Trust me on that one......