while I was on vacation - people were still blogging, so I've been doing some catching up. I was already behind before I left - and now even moreso. Did you know that once you're over 1000 blog posts behind - Google Reader just calls it 1000+ ? True story. And I still plan to share more on how I use Google Reader. I had a post ready a few months ago and then they made updates and my post was irrelevant - I've just been working up the ambition to redo it.
Just know that Google Reader is a marvelous invention. Huge time saver. There are certain blogs that I enjoy keeping on top of - and I would never have the time in my day were it not for the Reader.
Some favorites from my catching ups:
- This is an older post - but my mom just emailed it to me. Totally cute story for anyone who makes gifts, quilts, has a brother or is familiar with OCD.
- I go to Tara's blog for her photography and real-ness, but I love when she shares these finds. I watched this one 3x yesterday and cried each time. Happy tears - these kind of things just totally choke me up. And it wasn't just tears - we're talking sobs. What can I say?
- I cried for this one too - I love when it's that Britains Got Talent time of the year - Susan Boyle rocks it!
- oooh, and I made it home in time to enter this fabulous fabric giveaway!
- And from the debt-proof blog - read the comments on this one, even if you think you've done all you can to cut your food budget, you're bound to find another idea in here
- And why didn't I think of this? I'm looking for ways to clean off my counters and this just may work for the kids papers. I've done one - but never thought to do a collection.
- I always love seeing before and after projects - especially as we get closer to garage sale season!
- And it was fun to come home and see that my brother updated his flickr account (I'm way overdue on that myself - so I can't complain)
- My newest layouts went up on the Scrapsupply blog - fun to see all the different takes on the gauntlet
- I had to catch up on Steph too - and we're making plans (finally!) to get together next week. I'm not a tropical destination - but I think she'll enjoy her time anyway.
- This post has me itchy to get some seeds going - if I could only find a place that the two year old couldn't get to and destroy
- And I've still got 542 blog posts to go. heh. (I tend to delete all after a bit and start over)
As for today - ack - how did it get to be 11:00 already? I'm hoping to get some laundry done, clean the kitchen counter, start peeling some wallpaper in the boys room and figure out what's for dinner - before dinnertime.
Wish me luck!