Because we had a pretty good inkling that Wednesday was going to be a snow day, I had everything ready for a busy activity filled day.
One of the things Wendy and I did, was make the Valentines for her class party.
There's just something about making Valentines that I love. I don't care for the character type cards that are so prominent in the stores, so this is just something that I've always done with my kids. It's also a good mid-winter doldrums breaker. It's hard to be down when working with pinks and reds, hearts and love and stuff.
We dug out the M&M's, and I cut a variety of Valentine appropriate paper to size. I then handed my Creative Memories Corner Maker over to my 9 year old and had her make happy corners on her Valentines. She did good.
After she was done rounding corners, I handed her the printed off sheet of to/from that she had typed up and she scalloped the bottom edge of each of those, and punched a hole in the top of the patterned paper.
It was then time for the M&M's. We laid out all 31 of the heart party favors (from BoBunny) and put a spoonful of M&M's in each. The boys anxiously waited for this part to be over because they had dibs on leftover M&M's.
She then slipped the corner rounded to/from tag into each party favor and closed it up nice and tight
She then tied a pretty red ribbon in each, and packed them all up to bring to school. They really were fun.
Some other fun Valentines ideas that I've bookmarked:
- I'm Wild for You. I want to remember to do these with Brian next year for Kindergarten. I love them! They'd work perfectly with my Zoology stamps from Technique Tuesday! Remind me!
- Heartbreakers. Okay - these ones we'll do for Brian's first grade.
- Fist and a sucker card. I have to do these too. Mark - kindergarten - 2012- check (Design Mom's version - just popped up as I was creating this post)
- Smarties Airplane. Allan did these when he was in kindergarten
- Sucker Flowers. Wendy! Next year!
I need more kids.
I'd love if you've seen any other great ideas for kids valentines if you could share in the comments!
Happy Valentines weekend!