There's a girl from two doors down who is over quite a bit. I'd say that she eats here at least once a week and the path between our house and hers is pretty well trod.
But tonight it was pancakes, and while she's sat at our table many times, pancakes for dinner was a whole new experience for this girl who has just one sibling.
- That it IS a race, although I did put a halt to it when I realized they were eating circles around the three year old, who can pack away ten himself if they leave him any
- That pizza cutters are used for more than just cutting pizzas
- That pour your own syrup really is a wish come true
- And that we buy that big huge bottle for a reason, and we really will see the bottom of it someday. Soon.
- The table does not come to a standstill when someone spills milk. The race continues.
- There is no grabbing more pancakes until the ones on your plate are completely gone and swallowed.
- You must eat everything you take
- Real butter is the only way to go
- Everyone butters their own - including the three year old - so definitely including 8 year old guests
- Pancakes for dinner really are good