I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here - but I have a vehicle this week. While the Jeep is still not quite ready, my husband is using a company car this week. He's working off sight, and ever since that time he got rear ended on the way to an off-sight job by someone who didn't have insurance, he insists on using the company car. The mileage he was paid didn't quite cover the deductible that we ended up having to pay.
So. Lucky Me!
When my friend Mindi called on Monday and suggested we go to the park - I COULD! What a feeling! So we met at the farm at Kensington, packed a lunch and let the kids play. It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon for it.
Mark played a bit with the girls, but when I suggested a picture together - Mark crossed his arms and said he didn't want his picture with the girls, he wanted his own picture. Made me think of his Uncle Joel.
So there he is. Stubborn little thing.
I figured I could sneak one when he wasn't looking though. Just don't tell him.
Stuff and Nonsense:
- We've used the van everyday. After the farm we went to Costco.
- And yesterday the weather was lousy, so we drove to story hour. And at dinner I was able to drive and get Brian's free personal pan pizza before his coupon expired. He felt like such a hotshot.
- Today we'll drive to Allan's ortho appointment.
- And this morning we drove up to Discount Tire. I picked up another nail in my tire. What in the world? I'm just glad I noticed the flat before I had to pick up boys from school. Yeesh.
- The skies are blue today - it's ever so much nicer than yesterday, but still windy.
- The brunt of yesterday's storm missed us, but I don't regret all my preparations. It's just how my brain works, it can't be helped. I'm okay with that.
- I'm starting to put bakery away for the busy holidays/wedding coming up.
- I'm considering trying to go no sugar - and see how long I can do it.
- I think we'll carve pumpkins on Friday night. I don't like doing it on school nights.
- There's a yummy smelling chili in my crockpot for dinner tonight
- While at Discount Tire, I made about ten lists. I like lists.
- Time for lunch.....
- eta: and yes, I realize I didn't share any animal pictures from our visit to the farm. There were cows, horses, goats, pigs and chickens. It was good.