photo from Wendy's camera/her field trip to the science center on Friday
Today she'll wake up Eleven. ELEVEN!!!
- I remember the day she was born. I remember we went to the hospital the minute I felt something, and the hospital just walking distance away said - ooh, look at you - no, sorry - no epidural for you, you're too far along. The doctor made it into the room just in time.
- I don't hold it against her. Or the boys who pulled the same stunt.
- At Girls on the Run recently the girls were asked to give a word that described themselves. She couldn't think of anything, so the girls helped out. They all agreed that bubbly was a very good word for Wendy.
- She's getting a football for her birthday - and she'll get it this morning so she can bring it to school. Seems that she and her friends Emily and Molly are really into playing football at recess with the boys but have a problem with the boys actually passing them the ball. Now she has her own ball, her request.
- Her cupcakes for the class are Halloween theme. Again.
- Her birthday will be as well, as we told her she could invite a couple girls to do our town's Halloween event next weekend - something we had tried to do last year but sick kids that week and weekend prevented it.
- She also bargained for a new pair of boots that she's been wanting, but she had to push back an unknown birthday gift to a Christmas gift, it was hard for her - but she really wanted the boots.
- She admits that she's not a very good pen pal.
- She loves to draw, listen to books on tape, try different crafts and just recently starting reading Harry Potter.
- She's got a big heart. There was recently an incident in our neighborhood where some girls were teasing the new girl on the block, and she felt so bad for her that she - right then and there - invited that teased girl to her birthday party. I found out when the girl hollored over the fence the next day, "Wendy, I can come to your birthday!" Asking Wendy to explain she broke into tears, "Mom - they were being so mean to her, I felt so bad! I had to!"
- She's doing a good job taking care of Tippy. She feeds her every day, takes her for walks - but only does the poop job if I ask her to. She's working on getting Tippy to sleep in her room but that will never happen.
- The next sport she's signed up to try is volleyball.
- She doesn't wake up easily
- It's time for me to go wake her up.