Sorry about the late post today. My morning kind of slipped away from me what with the kids going back to school, story hour, meeting story hour cousin's at McDonalds for lunch and a run to Meijers to stock up on a few things before tonight's predicted 3 - 9" of snow. (It depends on what channel you plug our zip code into)
This past week felt like I had a theme of 'keep the kids busy'. They were restless and bickering and, well just - imagine.
I've labeled one of my boards on Pinterest "When my kids are bored" for just these occasions. When people ask me what Pinterest really is, I describe it as visual bookmarks. I can quickly go to this board and visually see all the ideas I've bumped into along the way, and in the upper right corner there is a link bringing me right back to the directions/sight that I found it at. Handy that. I find I utilize it much more than I do regular bookmarks.
Take these ornaments, for instance.
Wendy had a friend over the other day and they were begging to walk to the store, but the weather was icky and I'm not fond of them walking to the store alone anyway with the loose dogs we sometimes have over on this side of town.
Add that to the fact that Brian needed a couple ornaments for decorating their tree in the park - and I fell upon this particular pin. (again - if you see the link in the upper right corner of that pin, it will bring you to the directions)
It was easy, low cost and it kept three of my own kids and two guests ..... and myself ..... busy for a good hour and a half. What could be better, right?
And the kids get so pumped when they can put their own creations on the tree.
Hey - so do I. *wink*
- 3 - 9" of snow tonight. Time to do the dungeon dive and dig out snow pants and boots. And hope I have all sizes covered.
- On tonight's to do list is Christmas Card Photo Attempt #1
- I'm still not regretting putting the tree up so early.
- My husband's folks departed yesterday morning - but grandma didn't get real far. She ended up staying behind to help my husband's sister with the new baby. My kids will be fired up to learn that'll they'll still be seeing grandma through December.
- I went shopping at Target last night, but forgot my debit card. I didn't get a whole lot knocked off the list that way.
- I did some online ordering this morning. I'm all about keeping things simple. But only if I get free shipping.
- I do hope that there's school tomorrow.
- Santa is at the library THIS coming Saturday.
- Time to get some more laundry hung on the drying racks.....