So today I did sew.
I'm determined to keep on track with my one sewing goal per month.
I procrastinated on this one pretty much, and I think mostly because the fabric I ordered wasn't quite the color I expected it to be. I expected more red as it was showing up on my two computer monitors - but what I got was more clementine.
The fact, though, was that the valance that was up needed to be replaced or mended beyond my capabilities. It had a few tears in it, and the pocket needed to be a little snugger.
A new one was more fun
It's four full yards of fabric across, which is a bit more than my skill level and sewing machine were comfortable with, so there are a few puckers where there shouldn't be puckers - but it'll work for the time being.
I think I'll like it better after I paint the walls next fall (when Mark goes to school)
The teenager came in and gave his opinion: Ow! My eyes! It's Bright!!!
He's got dishes tonight.
My March project is a couple hot pads and a new lap quilt