If you see this guy today - wish him a happy birthday. He's all stuffed up with a head cold, so you might have to say it louder than normal.
He doesn't tease me as much as he used to, but usually this day would mark the day when he would have to stop teasing me about being three years older than him, because from now until December - I'm only two years older than him.
Wendy groans when I have her text him when we're driving because she has to scroll down to Hubba Hubba. Really, mom???? I told her that it's so much more fun than just - hubby. She'll get it some day. My main goal in raising these kids is that none of them are too serious.
daily routine: he is in the garage nightly after reading the kids bedtime stories
I overdid it on hubba hubba for Christmas which now has me left struggling as to what to get for his birthday. So I asked the kids:
Wendy: Whoppers and a new knife
Brian: A new carving knife!
Mark: Scissors, because he always uses a knife to cut my paper
Allan who took a while to respond to my text: I have no idea, but mom - this art show at the Opera House is so cool!
He's been busier than ever lately with work, but he still irks out the time to help the kids with their projects.
And he also has the goal not to raise these kids too seriously - we tease. daily. And we still make jokes about the balls.
As for today -
- it's pajama day at the preschool
- and crazy hair day. I took Mark to the barber yesterday - now to figure out how to spike his do
- Wendy came into our room crying at 5am. She has a fever, a sore throat and a headache. I'll be taking her to the doctor this afternoon - I'm thinking ear infection or strep
- Unfortunately - it's the last couple days of the quarter and she's supposed to have a social studies test today. I have to run up to the school this morning and figure that out
- Because I'm not sure if their email is back up and running yet after that lightening hit
- I hope she feels well enough to handle the few errands I had planned for this afternoon - all coincidentally near the doctor's office.
- Chicken soup in the crockpot.