- Can you find the spunker up in the tree? That's her spunking spot. She wanted me to throw a pillow up to her yesterday. I didn't.
- She's been yo-yo'ing all weekend with a bug. Not the pukes, thankfully - but frequent trips to the bathroom. She thinks she's better and then hours later has another bout. Odd bug.
- We love this tree. It's dying, but we love it. The kids are talking about nailing some planks to it this summer. We'll see what we come up with - I like to keep it minimal only because we have so many neighbor kids who come over.
- Hubby texted and is on his way home from Chicago. Hooray!
- There have been more than a few Sundays lately with him gone that I couldn't help but think, man - it's going to be so nice and so much easier to have the church closer to home. (we currently drive a 1/2 hour in). Today, for instance, had it been closer - I wouldn't have had to left Allan home to watch her. She's 11, and does fine with the shorter time spans, but I would have had a hard time going 1/2 hour away for a longer time span with her feeling like she does.
- And last week Allan had to work at noon - no way we could have made it home in time
- Man, it's going to be nice when the church is closer to home. Not to mention gas prices ($3.97/gallon this morning)
- I could have even made it to the wedding last night.
- So Brian and I went in alone and were able to discuss birthday hopes. I was able to con him out of a party (I don't do well with trying to plan a party between sick kids and never knowing when I'm single parenting or not) and into a dinner out at Red Robin and some bowling (he got a free bowling coupon at his Blue and Gold Friday night)
- Did I mention his Blue and Gold? The four of us were getting ready to go, and Wendy got attacked by the bug. I had already let the babysitter loose. Brian ended up going with the neighbor lady who was going to watch her grandson cross over. This is how we roll around here.
- 65 degrees today. It is AWESOME. I was a little bummed that we have a sick kid because it would have been a great day for the zoo.
- Church was thin this morning. Either there were a lot out sick, or more than a few (we saw a few that though they were coming in for Sunday school until to see that was already done) didn't catch the time change.
- I've been walking for 1/2 hour a day for the last three days. I'll walk tonight when my husband gets home and winds up the kids. I'm starting to get used to my ipod nano.
- It's very very very hard for me not to sing when I'm listening to music. Much to my children's dismay.
- I'm hoping to put the bike rack on the van and bike to preschool tomorrow
The 16 year old is still drawing daily. This is one of his teachers. Someone on book was able to guess which one. Can you guess?
I like this one - not one of his teachers.
- Brian is itching to go on vacation or up north. He mentioned it no less than six times on our drive in this morning
- He is also anxious for there to be a parade. The first one that I could think of is in May. I have no interest in bringing him to the St. Patricks Day parade in Detroit, even IF his birthday is on St. Patricks Day. Am I remembering that they have one in Pinckney too? I might be able to work up the energy for that.
- Off to pretend like we did the dishes when hubby was gone.....