My teenager usually waltzes in the door Friday after school singing "Friday, Friday....." So this morning as he was leaving I was singing in the same tune "Monday, Monday...." and he rolled his eyes. He ACCUSED me of liking Mondays only because everyone is going off to school and work, but that's simply just not true. I love Mondays even during the summer, there's just something about them. That they go off to school and work a better part of the year, that's just a bonus.
As for the weekend, it was good and full.
- Down 5.5 pounds since I started using the Fitbit
- Spent some time doing some schedule juggling for the coming week
- Wendy had her first set of volleyball games. She was a bundle of nerves before the first game, but just like I told her - once she started, she was fine. They play 3 games per team, played against two teams and won all 6 games. Good start! We'll be at the same place this coming Friday.
- Greg and Allan woke up to alarm clocks to head off to church moving. The hope was that the move would be complete by noon - they were home by 10.
- Which gave Greg plenty of time to dig up the lines from the house to the garage. They lasted ten years, to the month. The tree roots pushed them up and around, they were corroded in several places and in the last month we were flipping the circuit breaker more and more each day. Today I'll run to pick up some new lines so Greg can lay them back down and we'll have power in the garage again.
- Sat down with Wendy and tried to give her some tips on how to organize a five paragraph essay
- Mark went to a birthday party, I hung out with him
- home again - back out again to shuttle another kid
- checked the clock, threw up my hands, picked up pizza for dinner
- Went for a walk to meet my 10,000 steps/day goal. Met!
- My sister-in-law Shannon texted me while I was on my walk asking if I wanted to head out to the night's jamboree
- Good plan. However, I brought the wrong lens, so I couldn't get a group shot. My brother Kevin, Uncle George and then Jeff and Curt not pictured. Guitar picks were flying. Literally.
- Picked up Allan on the way home from the jamboree
- We chose to go to the new 8:30 service. There is not enough room for our entire congregation at the rental, so they've added an 8:30 service followed by Sunday School and another service afterwards. I'm telling you now, I enjoyed the 8:30 time slot so well I'm totally making a motion that we keep it going after the new church is built *wink* Whaddya think, Donny? Seriously though, it went very smoothly from everything I heard - sounds like both services were equally attended with a little room to spare at each one. Sunday School still has a few glitches to work out, but overall - went very well.
- Home by 10 am, I was able to put out a nice Sunday afternoon dinner which I timed perfectly for Uncle George's arrival as he went to the later service.
- Everyone tired and groggy - George went home for his nap, and we landed on lazyboys and couches.
- Then I got my 10,000 step goal by walking to Walgreens and picking up my pictures for this week's project life (nearly done)
- Came home from my walk to find all the windows and doors open on a chilly afternoon. Apparently someone had left a gas burner on low when serving lunch and it had been left on leaking for hours. I make a motion that that someone should no longer be allowed in the kitchen. At all. Ever.
- Saw a car for sale on the way to Walgreens - called on it, teenager and husband headed out to meet the owner at 7. Tempting - very tempting.
- Called it a day.
Now for this week
- Volleyball, Volleyball, Volleyball
- Cub Scouts
- My mom is coming back to town - tomorrow
- one kid has a field trip to the butterfly house - I just can't make this one, so I'm hoping for a full report
- hoping for some news on a new van for us or a car for Allan
- It's a Week in the Life, but I still haven't decided if I'm playing. Not off to a good start if I am. Perhaps a good project for me would be to get last years pictures bound
- An appointment with the speech therapist for Mark
- An appointment wtih my dad - which means more pie
- Hubby actually made it to his appointment this morning with his thyroid doctor - he's been so busy, I just ended up scheduling it and then crossing my fingers.
- hoping to get some spring cleaning done. I was trying on Saturday but was being beckoned by one kid after another to be brought here or there.
- Go shopping at the thrift for things Wendy can use for her Boston Tea Party skit. (Anyone have any red coats we can borrow?)
- Walk 10,000 steps/day
- Share a sneak peek of the May Studio AE.