- It's hard to believe, but graduation parties are just around the corner. We have two on our calendar already. This card is already in an envelope with a name on it and ready to go. I created it with one of the new $2.99 Signed, Sealed and Delivered sets from Technique Tuesday. Graduation cards can add up quickly, so for me - the $2.99 stamp to create multiple cards = a no brainer.
- I'm all about trying to save a buck. I didn't feel like I was saving a buck when I got four new tires put on the van this morning though. Ouch. The $70 rebate that I got on them will be nice though and took away a little of the sting.
- I spent most of yesterday researching money things as well, trying to figure out the best option for taking out a loan. We haven't taken a loan out in over ten years with the exception of our vehicles, so my research definitely needed updating. I started with our credit union and when I called and asked what the rate was on a personal loan - I was told that it begins at 11.49%. Ouch.
I then called back later and asked what my options were, because in my opinion - 11.49% was not an option. In just communicating a bit and figuring out different ways to get the same result - we found an option for 4.25%. SO much better than 11.49%.
But in still doing further research (the research gene that my brother and dad have is coming out in me later in life) I found that we can most likely get an even better rate if we borrow against our retirement or life insurance.
- I put those on my husband's to do list for tomorrow - the only one of two days that he's home this week.
- He flies home from Atlanta tonight.
- As for today - I don't feel like I'm getting a lot done. I need sunshine.
- But I'll confess, (but don't tell Denny), that occasionally I'm glad for icky days during ballooning season because I feel like I gain some time and don't have to say no to crewing. True story.
- Tomorrow night I'll have to say no, as it's preschool graduation tomorrow night. Should be a hoot.
- Mark's last day of school was yesterday - now I'm anxious for the other kids to be done because he is so.bored.
- Something got into my basement recently - did I mention that here? Whatever it was was bigger than a mouse. Wendy might not have been dreaming when she said Tippy had been barking in the middle of the night once last week. While my husband and I never heard her - and she never barks - perhaps she heard the critter in the cellar.
- Before I dig down there any deeper, I sprinkled some flour about with my sifter last night just to see if there would be animal tracks through it in the morning. There were not. Phew.
- I'm pretty sure that whatever it was got in when we replaced the wires out to the garage because it left an exposed hole.
- If my knees weren't so bad, I'd be down there cleaning up to get ride of any secret hiding spots.
- I loathe crawl spaces.
- Wendy lost a tooth yesterday. Because the tooth fairy had literally just been here for the other kid's tooth hours earlier, the return trip seems to take a bit longer.
- that's 'bout it I guess