On Monday we got an email that next Monday is a biking thing for Cub Scouts.
Which finally pushes the need to get this kid on a bike to the top of our busy lives list. Where does time go?
He lost a year due to his femur break and spica cast
And then we didn't have a bike for him
And then we didn't have training wheels
And then last fall we got two bikes but no training wheels and man, it's not as easy to teach bike riding as it was 7 and 13 years ago.
Where does time go?
This spring we had two bikes,two pairs of training wheels, and two boys overdue for learning. The boys have been biking laps daily now with the added assistance.
And then the notice about Cub Scout biking and a little pressure to not be the only kid on four wheels.
We took the trainers off on Monday and he did just fine, went all the way around the block last night no problem but is struggling with starting. A few more days of practice and he should have it, with a few scabby knees and elbows. Just don't bike too close to him yet.
We took Mark's training wheels off too - but he still needs a bit more practice or older sibling assistance.
- It was too windy for ballooning last night
- We might have to retrain Tippy to be an outside dog. She was an outside dog for 13 years until she came to us, and even then - she was completely outside from July until the snow flew. These last two nights she has woken earlier than usual and tried to get outside - eating nearly all the doorwall blind slats in the process. My kitchen looks like a warzone. Either she goes back outside, or I hang bells from the door.
- While I was laying in bed awake from 5-6:30 this morning with my husband snoring beside me - my husband was apparently oversleeping. He usually has a fluctuating schedule in the morning and as long as he works his time, it's okay. Apparently today he had a meeting - and didn't even have time to make coffee because he woke up too late. Oops.
- We're like ships passing in the night.
- We did have time last night to discuss the purchase of a storage box for the van that I had found used online, and he did have time to go and see it. It's perfect, and purchased just in time for his and Allan's four wheeling camping trip coming up. If they put all their muddy gear in there instead of in my new van, it'll be worth it.
- Mark only has 3 days of school left, and this morning I'll be helping in his class. I'm so glad that the 7am school cancellation call (due to no power) we got this morning wasn't for our elementary school.
- That was quite the wind that brewed up quickly last night. I thought someone was knocking on my door at 11:30 but it was my new watering can (Mother's Day gift) that the wind had slammed against it.
- We've decided to try some diet elimination things with Wendy to see if we can help her bellyaches - so now we're working on menu plans and debating if we should do dairy first or wheat. They both seem daunting to me now and will require lists. Suggestions welcome.
- My knee is feeling a little better today - I actually took the stairs up normally. Taking the stairs up one at a time is so much more of a drag then taking them one a time coming down.
- time to pack the kids backpacks.....
- be good