It was one week ago today that I put in nearly 20,000 steps on my Fitbit with balloonfest activities all day long. The launch in the morning, the hike through the field, the hunt for the hat, and the evening balloon glow. When out of towners ask for recommendations on which day to come to the balloon festival, I tell them that Saturday is my favorite. Always has been. Mainly because I love the balloon glow. This year it was an added fun bonus to be out on the field and up close.
It was exactly one year ago from today that I first met Denny and some of the crew when they landed in a field by our house. Since that beautiful night, I have been to 28 launches/landings. (Add in just a couple more non-launches). I threw out my attendance number a couple months ago and got some teasing from Sonja - You Count?! I replied that no, I don't count - I photograph - they are all in neat little photo files. To date - 28 files. *wink*
But those of you who know me well, know that if I didn't photograph them I probably would chart/graph/tally and count. Just don't tell Sonja.
Anyway, I'm grateful for that night last year. One of the balloonfest chairs had approached me at the banquet last week saying, man - you guys have the best crew - and they were right. I'm so grateful I've gotten to know and be a part of Denny's crew.
But moving on.....
Balloon glow. Happy sigh together with me, will you? *sigh* I love the balloon glow.
It just doesn't get much better, and it never never never gets old.
I'm going to add this set into this post as well. Many of you locals will recognize Matt from Meijers. I heard he was still smiling ear to ear the next day. I've been to Meijers three times this week with pictures in hand along with my shopping list, but keep missing him. It was a lot of fun to have him up close.
You want me to do WHAT?
In other stuffs
- We lost internet and phone for over six hours yesterday. If you called, I have no idea. So if you're waiting for me to call back - call again.
- I think every photographer I know personally has a wedding shoot today - including me. I only do one a year these days (by choice - trying to schedule anything around my family schedule just gets too stressful for me)
- The little boys and I made it to the first Friday night concert last night, and it was fun.
- I haven't even begun last week's Project Life. uh-oh.
- I didn't plant a vegetable garden this year, just too much going on, but I have managed to keep my Mother's Day flowers alive. Two points for me!
- And the daisies and black-eyed susans that I transplanted from the neighbor's garden seem to be thriving. Four points for me!
- Tomorrow I have a two-page layout to share - it's been a couple months since I've done a two-pager, they are still my favorite.
- 'bout it
- be good
edited to add - Friday night at the balloonfest is fun too....who doesn't love fireworks in the summer?