Greg and I went down to The Henry Ford yesterday - kidless. So strange. We had been wanting to see the Titanic Exhibit, so we did that (enjoyed it - fun to actually be able to read all the information without the kids. We'd been to the same exhibit years ago when it was in Chicago and recognized some parts, but took in a lot more this time and more had been added. We're glad we saw it again). There are no photographs allowed within the Titanic Exhibit, so I don't have any pictures of that - but we did take a walk through the village afterwards - despite the heat - so I snapped a few along the way.
We tried to visit the buildings that we don't always see. I have no recollection of ever being in this building, but Greg says we've seen it. I say that I must have been outside tending to the baby or something.
There were also several other buildings that we've missed through the years, but that have placement within range of the custard stand, so we're pretty sure that we've missed them for the kids pulling on our arms. It's interesting to go without the kids.
It was a good date.
As for today and this week....
- My sister and two boys are pulling into town about dinnertime
- I was caught thinking just a couple days ago that I've managed to go a long time without having to go to the chiropractor, but I screwed something up then on Saturday. Greg thinks it was the heavy kayaking, I think it was the furniture I moved to get my desk in order. My chiropractor is closing his local office, so I'll have to find time to drive down to Southfield sometime before Thursday. I should do it today, because it's hindering my progress.
- Three more sleeps until I see my kids!!
- Wedding this week!
- My desk is falling into place nicely. In August I'll start selling whatever doesn't fit.
- I still have one pile on the living room floor, and that'll have to stay there for a bit. My sister's boys are bigger, so I don't need to worry about diggers.
- Doesn't look like a good forecast this week for ballooning. My sister is going to be bummed - she was hoping she could join me on an adventure.
- I'm hoping the rainy week will bump up the teenager's hours this summer. The landscapers have taken a hit with this heat. We haven't mowed our lawn in over a month.
- Still don't know if my husband is going to Canada this week. He is. He isn't. He is. He isn't.
- That's all I've got.
- be good!
- Happy Monday!