Part of my nook redo had me digging out the card rack again. This particular piece (bought at Pottery Barn in the clearance section probably a dozen years ago) goes in and out of storage regularly. I'd keep it out all the time if I could, but it doesn't always fit. I'm tickled to have space for it again. I dug it out of the crawl space yesterday and brought it out onto the deck to blow the cobwebs off. This school year will be especially card needy as we have a senior in the house and will need more graduation cards than usual, as well as invitations and thank you cards. My plan is to work on those throughout the year so as not to get overwhelmed as we bear down on May/June which are always busy anyway.
We also have three weddings on the calendar for September, I like to give packs of cards for teacher gifts, lots of showers on the horizon and more birthday invites for the kids all the time. The fact is, no matter how many cards I make, I never have enough. This rack helps me have at least some of each at all times, as it makes me more visually aware. Company is always welcome to fip through and purchase them as well - it makes it fun for me)
Still working on breaking in my new box of stamps - I created this one late last night using the Merry Christmas Snowflake Seal.
Another bonus of my newly arranged area is that my sewing machine now has a space. I love sewing on cards and layouts - so there will definitely be more of that on my stuffs now.
As for other stuffs:
- I survived school shopping with the teenager last night
- Hubby went back to work yesterday and no - not everything got done on the honey do list last week. It is what it is.
- I *think* I'm officially done school shopping - although Wendy would 'like' to go to Target to get fun and colorful school supplies. I personally like to wait until after school starts because it seems they never get a clear list of needs until then.
- The senior got all registered for school yesterday - the middle schooler has orientation tomorrow.
- Tonight looks promising for ballooning
- So much for my plan to go grocery shopping this evening - that'll have to happen after ballooning.
- I really really really like my new nook area. Still a few kinks to work out - but I'm getting so much more done.
- And man, I love this weather.
- Happy Tuesday!
- be good