I went crewing both Thursday and Friday - I thought I'd pick just a few faves from each night....
Three for Thursday.
We launched from Denny's place...
And we landed just over a mile away off of Latson. We LOVE when we land somewhere where people are so willing to lend a hand. Lots of helpers Thursday night.
Three for Friday
Last night we launched from the high school along with three other balloons....
I'm petitioning for a new map. A ballooners map is different from a map that you'd buy in the store in that it's marked with no landing zones. The navigator (shotgun) keeps the map handy and folded to the flight route so they can readily share any upcoming problem spots. We do fine, as long as Denny avoids flying along the map cracks.
It's also getting more difficult to fold this map while in the passengar seat, so I've taken to folding it out of the vehicle before the balloon launches.
But last night I drove chase vehicle. I'm determined to learn how to back up a trailer. I didn't learn last night.
Denny, Dennis and Jerry. The fourth balloon had ducked behind the trees at this point.
I'm working towards posting more photos on Kaleidoscope's facebook page.
Three for Mark
I've often remarked that he's my most difficult of the four to photograph and suddenly I got three pictures that I like in one week. This is unheard of. Unprecedented. A small miracle!
Three for today:
- Brian's first soccer game
- An afternoon wedding
- Overnight company tonight
Three for animals
- The boys are currently cleaning all the spilled guinea pig food out of the Duplo bucket
- The dog peed in the upstairs hallway early this morning (she NEVER goes upstairs and she has NEVER peed in the house before)
- Every night at 9:00 there is a skunk in our front yard. Be wary. That's an active coming and going hour at our house. I am not pleased and would welcome tips on how to get the skunk to change his path.
Three for my dad
- Fifth (it was the fifth, right?) and last round of chemo yesterday
- psa is still going up according to yesterday's blood test results (292)
- switching to something else (instead of chemo) on the next visit
- I got a call yesterday from the company I ordered our hinges from (for our kitchen cupboards) and they oopsed. They accidentally sent one instead of 18. One came yesterday - the other 17 will be sent out on Monday. hrmph.
- I've been buying coffee beans again ever since I was in Minnesota - Darrel and Greg H spoiled me. It's good to stay with coffee snobs.
- I woke up so early this morning, but already I feel like today is running away from me - time to fly....