With everything else crossed off my list, I then found time last night to work on the last item - Halloween themed cards for Wendy.
I decided to make a tall card - measures 4" x 9" to fit a business envelope. I cut my paper to 8.5" x 9 and then scored it along the 8.5" at 2 inches and 2.5" to create a bit of an overlap on the front of the card. Did you follow that?
I then, after designing my first card - cut all the remaining pieces to size so I could quickly assemble the rest of the cards. I've always found this method to be the most efficient.
(all the pattern papers are from My Minds Eye 6 x 6 Mischievous Paper Pad)
I went along stamping into each cloud that they'd fit into....but I needed a couple more.
To solve that problem I shortened eeek!!! to just eek!!! by masking. I put a post-it note to catch where the extra e would stamp.
I then continued with that method until I had all the eeeks that I needed.
All the pieces cut, adhered and assembled - I then moved onto the envelopes. I realized that each of the girls Wendy wanted to give one of these cards to has a different letter for their first name. This made it practical then to pull from my stash of stickers and use up some of the miscellaneous letters. It also kept us from having to guess how to spell the name that starts with a d.
Each card is slightly different as I wanted to use what I had on hand rather than buying supplies to make all matching.
I thought they looked kind of neat in the morning mist.