I've been about to wave the white flag over here lately. It's my stubborness that keeps me plodding forward.
- We went for a walk at the nature center yesterday afternoon. It was a joy. No,Really. The whining and teasing and pushing and whining and spunking and teasing and stick poking really brought out those fall colors .... if I squinted really hard and stuck a finger in my good ear.
- Brian coming into the back door holding a frisbee: Mom, is this shoooshby ours? Me: This...what? Brian: Shoooshby. Is it ours?
- Wendy, after church: Mom, someone told me happy belated birthday, but I don't know how he knew it was my birthday. And I think he was Sarah's dad, and his name was Mark. Me: Sarah's dad's name isn't Mark. Was it the minister? Wendy: I don't know, maybe, or someone that looked just like the minister. Me: Was he wearing a suitcoat? Wendy: Yeah - and it was white.
- Brian, kinda shocked: Mom - did you know that some people don't even have a tight rope in their yard??!
- Me: Wendy, do you know ---------- ? Wendy: Oh! Yeah! I sit across from her every day at lunch but I don't really know her.
- Me, to Mark - who had put his legs through the wrong two holes of his underwear and wore them like that to school (waistband around the leg, leg around the waist): Mark, didn't you notice? Wasn't it horribly uncomfortable? Mark: nah. not really.
- Brian, confused, on Saturday morning: We woke up because we heard a fart, but it wasn't me and it wasn't Mark. ?????
As for the Monday list - it's gonna be a busy week
- The kindergarten kid - first field trip, and I'm going with. Fingers crossed it's a nice day.
- The 2nd grader - first Halloween party, and husband is going with. Fingers crossed that he's in town.
- The 6th grader - She has high hopes for this years Halloween event in town.
- The senior - he'll be busy cleaning up a neighbors yard from top to bottom (put in a quote for yard work), and he has a college interview this week. I'll be going with him.
- Me - Oh, laundry as usual - and it looks like I might actually start my new job this week.
- The husband - He'll go to Canada, or he won't, or he will, or he won't, or he will, or he won't......
Make your week be awesome!