all these pictures look even BETTER if you click 'em & make 'em bigger. fact.
So. Hey. Haven't seen this view in awhile, right? I texted Denny a couple days ago and pleaded - Can We PLEEEEAAASE Go Balloooooning? He texted back, It's cold. I reminded him of my northern roots, and after he vay-kayed near there for a few days himself last weekend - we flew. ;) I like the way these things work.
While in the air I got a text from my oldest. Hey mom, we can't reach you on the radio. Oh. So then we turned it on. See how these things work?
happy sigh. I needed this today. The colors are long gone, but I loved the wide open view that the bare trees provided.
My walking route. I've walked along those streets many many many times. Fun to take pictures from above. Click - click - click. Meanwhile Denny was asking in range of my good ear - So, you want to learn to fly? Click. Huh?
I flew with my right hand and shot with my left. 1-2-3-4-5-6...Click. Oh hey - that's my subdivision! I've walked around that block probably several thousand times. It's a good sub. (Subdivision - a regional terminology, it blows my mind that they aren't called that everywhere) We've got awesome neighbors.
I took this picture to share that I shot a deer on the second day of hunting season - but, hmph - looks like I missed him. He's hiding in the trees somewhere. The hunters were so happy that we were sending them skittering about.
Looking for a landing spot. Not looking real promising here. But hey - what a lovely new salvage yard.
I sent this picture to a friend who used to live in one of those houses on the right - said, boy, bet you're glad you don't live there anymore.
These cars were all moved in here within the last couple days. I can see this spot when driving along the expressway and they weren't there last week. My OCD tendencies desperately want to arrange all the cars into pretty little color rows. It makes me twitch that they didn't think of that. Wouldn't a red row, white row and blue row be so cool? I suppose they've arranged them by make, model or year or some other silly such thing.
Since they couldn't arrange them to suit me, I took liberty with my processing. Now I like it.
And speaking of the expressway, sure was glad I didn't have to worry about that 96-shooter when we flew over. *insert bug eyes here*
It was an awesome flight.
Made possible because I dragged an inhouse capable body along with me. Thanks Al. I owe ya one.
- Today was my first day of work. I worked a two hour shift working the lunch room/recess hours. It suits me. I can hear the kids playing from my house, so it's not hard at all to just walk up the hill and put in a few.
- Brian was so excited. He had shared this with me this morning: Mom, there's one rule you need to know for the lunch lady - you can't just pick your kid's line, you have to pick the quietest line, but that usually is my line.
- (It wasn't today)
- Mark is having a few frustrations in school recently. I'm again thankful that we sent him to preschool last year because he's come a long way. He's a smart kid, and I'm not sure what's triggering his frustrations (hearing? speech?), but it's how he's handling his frustrations that we have to work on.
- Raising kids ain't easy
- And according to today's daily email of the grades, I've got to see what's going on with the middle schooler too. Yesterday she had all A's. Today she does not.
- And since some of you email regarding my dad's status - I'll share here that it was decided at today's appointment that there will be a new team meeting next week or the week after (the holiday makes things tricky) to hopefully find a way to alleviate some of the symptoms that the newest pill is causing.
- I really appreciated tonight's flight.
- May your weekend be awesome.
- be good.