photo dated March 24, 1962 - Eli F. on the left, my dad on the right
- Yesterday was my brother's 40th birthday. We went over for cake and ice cream, and I dug the above photo out of my files to gift the hard to get for.
- On Friday my mom, nieces and sister-in-laws went shopping at Birch Run. I opted out in order to play catch up at home - got the grocery shopping done, some assignments, list making and general organization.
- Got enough done that my mom and I went to the seasonal Grand Opening of the Carriage House downtown Friday evening. They always close for several days to completely transform the whole store for the Christmas season. It's always a theme. This year they are calling it Cool Yule, and have a circus theme. On Friday night they had a balloon guy in the window creating a lion and ringmaster, something I overheard him say would take him all of his three hours, and that would cut it close. We drove by the window yesterday and it was pretty amazing.
- Random: These long skinny balloons came into discussion earlier this week too. Brian called them shape shifter balloons.
- My niece Elizabeth spent the night - lots of giggling from Wendy's room. Giggling is awesome.
- Saturday I caught up on some chores/laundry/paperwork. Spent over two hours searching for something I want to use for a project - something I know I saved, know is in this house, but for the life of me can't seem to turn up. I found the above picture while searching though, amongst other things, so the hunting hours were not a complete loss.
- Saturday evening I went to my 3rd cousin's wedding with my mom.
- Afterwards, mom and I went to visit my brother Kevin and his wife Shannon. My brother Brian and his girlfriend Jodi showed up as well. Good laughs.
- Later Saturday evening got an email saying 'sorry you missed the party - hope everything is okay' The birthday party that I had written down on Sunday and planned for all week - was actually on Saturday. That's the 2nd time I've botched dates/times in less than two weeks. NOT a good feeling at all.
- Church, pizza, company, laughs - all in all a good weekend.
Here's to Monday!