Last night was the kindergarten program. It was a full house, standing room only. We got there 25 minutes early and just in time for seats nearly all the way in the back. Wendy ended up staying home, started feeling a bit of the chills and a rocky stomach. (here we go)
This year's kindergarten program was a little more rambunctious than those of my last three kids. There is an extra kindergarten class this year which I suppose could be credited for some of it. More kids makes for more chaos.
Our kid is way in the back row on the right - red tie. (click the photo for a better view)
Wait. I changed my mind.
We had a little 'talk' on the way home. He did perform well during the songs - knew all the hand motions and most of the words. This was during a break. I swear.
- Today we had two kids wake up with stomach bugs and no fevers. The senior went to school and will call if it gets worse. The 6th grader went to bed and will go to school later if she feels better.
- I decided I'm not taking any calls to work today. I'm so far behind I could cry.
- My goal is to catch up on a few things before this afternoon's kindergarten gingerbread house making event.
- I also need to sit down and try and pull together an obituary for my dad. There is no urgency without a funeral, but it should be done. I'm in denial.
- And crazy busy. This last few weeks have been a blur.
- I'm so glad my mom is still here. She surprised me the other day by driving up beside me while I was walking the boys to school and passed me a nice hot cappuccino through the window. Back at home we then caught up on my gift wrapping before I went to work. Huge relief.
- I also remembered to get Mark signed up for swim lessons when registration opened up. Relief times 2.
- My sister comes to town this evening, so it'll be a busy weekend taking care of things when we're all together.
- I've told the kids that we are having a week long pajama week after Christmas. Pizza every night. Ice cream for breakfast. Chocolate milk at every meal.
- That is, if we're still here. Seventeen area schools/districts closed school early for the holidays due to end of the world scares and threats. Really???? This is about the eighth time the world has ended in my lifetime. First time I heard of school closing early for it.
- And if there were really end of the world fears, shouldn't there be more love, forgiveness, prayer and gatherings rather than threats of violence?
- *shakes head in disappointment*
- But!! Fun middle of the night text - our beautiful niece/God-daughter Jordanna got engaged. Fun to get some happy news.
- Happy is good.
Time for me to get some things taken care of.