Card made using Technique Tuesday's January Studio AE - Be Mine by Ali Edwards.
Arrows are a hangover from the December set. I'm partial to arrows. *wink*
Also used is a story card. I've been using them more and more in my card making.
So. 2012 kicked my butt - how about yours? Mine in a nutshell:
- Lost a lot of weight, gained a lot back. However - I am 6 pounds less today than I was on this day last year, so I'm just going to embrace that for now.
- I started working. I like working.
- Learned a lot about cancer in 2012. What this does is create a whole new view and respect for all that have gone through it or are going through it in a ooooooh, now I know sort of way.
- Enjoyed ballooning as a great form of escapism. Crewed 32 times, flew four times.
- Traveled to Minnesota twice.
- Wendy got braces.
- Made it across the Mackinaw Bridge - didn't think that was going to happen in '12.
- Kept up with Project Life until my dad's cancer got really bad/busy.
- Finished one quilt
- Mark started kindergarten - putting all four kids in school all day every day. Odd.
- Sold the old van, bought a new old one.
- Completely redid my work area
- Set a family record for pool hopping
- Got the cupboard doors back up in the kitchen after two long years.
- Worked really really hard to keep the balance
- Took in a lot of local festivals/activities to make up for not traveling/vacationing.
- Survived the end of the world. again.
- Lost my Grandma Laakso, my dad and my Great Aunt Edna.
- Found out that my father-in-law has cancer.
- Overall - 2012 wore me out.
As for 2013? It might wear me out too.
We began the New Year with Uncle George playing on the guitar and four kids on the porch banging pots and pans while shouting Happy New Year. Brian stopped to ask me - mom, are you sure we should be doing this?
Oh, I'm sure.
Today I've been tidying some corners, changing out calendars and working on taking down the few Christmas decorations I put up.
Looking ahead to 2013....
- Happening: Allan Graduates
- Goal: Re-establish the routine that has been nonexistant for the last year.
- Goal: Re-establish my getting fit goals that I started out so strongly with in 2012
- Hope: Vacation. But it's just a hope.
- Happening: More time for creating. It's odd to have some time again. And sad.
- Goal: More kayaking
- Happening: Ballooning.
- Planning: to continue Project Life.
- Goal: New dishwasher and counter tops
I'm still in day by day mode, so I can't quite look too far ahead.
As for January....
- Goal: Take down the Christmas tree
- Goal: Schedule college visits with Allan.
- Happening: Mark starts swimming lessons.
- Goal: Check into guitar lessons for Mark and Wendy.
- Happening: setting up/preparing for an estate sale at my dad's house.
- (We're also selling my dad's truck - if anyone is interested - call my brother Brian. It's a 2005 Ford F150. Green. Mint condition. I'm not good with the other details, but could come up with them if asked)
- Goal: Clean the filing cabinet.
- Goal: Begin the taxes
- Happening: Bringing the boys ice rink hopping.
- Goal: Clean out the fridge
- That should do it.