click on any picture for a closer look
My apologies for the lack of blog posts lately. It's a busy time. If I'm not working, I'm at my dad's and on the weekend I'm busy catching up or doing whatever else is on the calendar. This morning's agenda was a baby shower - after that I went grocery shopping and caught up on laundry at home.
I'm working hard to stay afloat, and I promised my mom I'd have a blog post up by the end of today.
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can
from left to right - my brother Kevin, my brother Dennis (because I've not seen my brothers enough this past month), my husband's cousin Todd, my husband's cousin Joan's son Scott, my husband's cousin Christine's husband Curt, our Godson Tom (Scott's brother), my uncle Jim's brother-in-law Jeff, and Uncle George. Follow all that?
So let me run down my Friday.
- It was pouring rain. Two neighbors called and asked if I was driving to school and if I could shuttle their kids to school as well as they were both vehicle-less. We are normally the ones that are vehicle-less. We've moved up a rung!
- Drove the kids to school.
- Canceled two more of my dad's services. I'm taking the little at a time approach. Each call requires something different. A password, a code, bill details. I'm nearly done.
- Called our auto insurance about adding a car to the house teenager.
- Post office - mailed some stuff.
- Headed to my dad's for a 11:00 meeting with Shady and Lefty. (My name for them) Shady was a big bellied fellow sporting a gold chain, ribbed tank top, hair peeking out the top and enjoyed the occasional gut scratching. Lefty was his sidekick, a tall scrawny fellow with a swagger and a lip that went up a little higher on the right side. They dug through the remainders of my dad's basement and made an offer.
- I countered, dickered, found them easy enough to chat with but was glad that I had the windows open and my friend Denny on speed dial since I knew he was just a mile down the road.
- (I'll be glad when this all is done)
- Bid them good-bye, said I'd be in touch and happened to catch the mailman on the way out.
- Chatted with the mailman for a bit. Enjoyed some irony.
- Met my friend Sue at Noodles and Co. for lunch. I highly recommend it. I even texted Greg and told him to keep it in mind for when he travels. Very good. I ordered the Pasta Fresca with Parmesan crusted chicken (Is that right, Sue?)
- Stopped at my bank on the way home - after having to loop back after daydreaming past my exit.
- Took cash out for the evening's purchase
- Home in time to pick up Allan from school - he'd stayed after to catch up on a project
- Picked up the little boys
- took a quick nap
- Ordered pizza for supper - courtesy of a gift certificate. Thank you Rachel - it was delicious and appreciated.
- Drove my guys out to Brighton to pick up some new wheels for Allan.
- Went back home to pick up my camera and some snacks.
- Headed out to an 8 guitar jamboree - hung out there for an enjoyable six hours of tunes.
- Home by 2am.
Jeff and George
I asked Jeff if he has any complexes regarding the size of his amp. He sang a sad forlorn country song and then took his tiny amp and went home.
Allan's new wheels. Kind of a rip-off that he can't drive it until Monday - still need to get plates and stuff - but he's pretty fired up. Bought it with his own saved up cash - and as soon as he starts working again, he'll take over the insurance payments.
It's got a lot of miles, but a new engine and the price was right.
That was Friday.
Sometime next week I'll post a few pictures of what we have left at my dad's after Shady and Lefty take their paid for share, and if anyone is interested feel free to make an offer. As far as I know, the truck is still available. If my brother puts together a Craiglist ad, I'll share a link.
little by little.