Allan and I ran up to the Secretary of State after school yesterday. Who knew you could get in and out of there in less than 20 minutes? We left home just before 3 and I was home in time to walk up the hill and get the little boys at 3:30.
Plates gotten, registration in the wallet - all he had to do was put the plates on and take it for a spin.
Our Allan is a content kid, and he's been very patient this past year when my focus has had to be more on my dad than anything else. When my dad passed a month ago, I immediately switched focus. Now we're working on cars, and colleges and applications and budgets. (And while my husband is perfectly capable - his work schedule is too unpredictable to really plan for anything that I can't do myself - it's just the way it is)
So this kid of ours just went from being content with walking, biking and bumming rides - to - see you mom, I'm going to go drive around and show off my new wheels.
I made a mental note to reinstate the text me when you get there and when you leave rule that we had back when he firsted started biking to town.
And not funny - within the time period that he would be returning home last evening - suddenly we heard sirens of all sorts, very near. At the entrance to our subdivision. I couldn't look. I figured I'd find out soon enough.
And soon enough he came waltzing through the door. "Mom - there are ambulances and policeman all over up the street and traffic is backed way up and I had to wait for a cop to wave me through"
Not one little bit.
My facebook poll last night shares that the worrying never stops. Great.
- I'm struggling to get into a routine. In case you didn't notice.
- Greg's dad starts chemo today. I feel like I'm living last year all over again, but this time from a distance. The bone scan shared that the cancer is also in his hips and shoulders.
- We've had sick kids this week, but mild. Brian was home Monday - but perked up Monday night. I sent all four out the door yesterday, but picked up Wendy at about 10:30 with a headache and chills - but no fever.
- Today all four went to school again.
- I work today.
- I have errands to run today.
- Today is actually a busy day.
- The busier I am, the more I get done.
- Mark had his second swimming lesson this week. Greg has been bringing him since I can't bring Mark into the ladies changing room, and there ain't no way on this planet that I'm sending him into the men's changing room on his own.
- I've been working on some cards/creations with some of the new stamps on my desk. Creative share coming soon.
- I was going to share a link to the ad for my dad's truck that my brother put up yesterday - but it sold so fast, I didn't even have time to post it here.
- I want the snow to come back. Cold and no snow is not funny.
- I moved my bike this week, and have biked 5 miles a day three days in a row. I'm being careful not to overdo it too quickly, since my knee still isn't what it should be.
- I have to meet Shady and Left at my dad's house again this evening. I think I'll pick up George to come with me. By the way. George.
- Time for me to get a few things done.
- Busy day.