The boys enjoyed their classes Valentines festivities. Brian has taken his sugar loot and added it to the quite a bit he still has left from Halloween. The kid has amazing will power.
I did not make the boy's valentines this year. My husband asked if it felt like I was cheating and without hesitation, I responded - yes. But I'm okay with it now and then. This year, it worked. I had bought the boxes ahead of time and saved them for the inevitable snow day, which - again - was timed perfectly.
I did end up making some for Wendy though, just for fun. She's in middle school now and past the age of parties, but I know she has a group of friends that she enjoys sharing with. I made ten so she'd have a few extra beyond the six I knew she'd want. She then shared that she needed four more. Almost a class size. sheesh.
But they were fun. I bought the 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 zippies years ago already - bought them in bulk, so I'd have to think a little to remember where I bought them - then added seasonal M&M's and the Puffy Heart Stamp from Technique Tuesday. Made for a relaxing evening.
- Greg made it home safely from Kentucky last evening. He'll be home for a bit, and then heads back down again before the end of the month.
- Sounds like he'll be spending the bulk of July in Kentucky as well.
- I worked the last three days. Feels good to make hay while the sun shines.
- The boys just came in from a game of King of the Hill. From the sounds of it, they both lost.
- I'm debating which direction to turn today. I think the majority of it will be cleaning and catching up.
- We are on winter break. Another four day weekend.
- My Grandma Eskola took a tumble last Sunday and is laid up with a fractured pelvic bone. Anyone who knows my grandma knows that she has a card in your mailbox before you get home from the hospital with a new baby, or before you've finished with the funeral preparations for a lost loved on. I think it would be nice and fun to send the love back her way. Her street address is 1 Park Ave, Apt 312. If you know her, then you know the town and zip. ;) She'll begin rehab this coming Friday.
- Time to fly. Mark is all ticked off at the dog for brushing her tail through his sweeping pile
- be good