- My loose tooth is my sweet tooth
- Mark: Mom, did you play Minecraft when you were a kid?
Me: oh honey, no - we didn't have computers when I was a kid
Mark: What did you do?
- Reading books to the boys before bed, came to a line that read, "Shiver me timbers:
Mark: It's been a long time since I heard someone say that.
- The smell of brownies in the oven is my very favorite smell
- The other day I had Mark come in to put a shirt on in order to help cover up the butt crack that his too small swim trunks revealed. So much for being discreet, he went back outside and announced to the 'hood that, "mom just said I had too much bum showing and gave me a shirt!"
- Mark came down in his boxers this morning and unbeknownst to him was offering up a little peep show. I informed him, and with a giggle and a glint, he covered his mouth with one hand and responded with his Classic Mark response: Oops!
- Another frequent response when informing Mark of something, such as - Mark, you're supposed to put the lid back on the peanut butter before you put it back in the cupboard, is: Oh, I didn't know.
- Me: Mark, what do you still want to do before summer is over?
Mark: I want to eat another elephant ear, because they are so good.
<pause> But I need to do that before my sweet tooth falls out.
- Mom, what will happen if my sweet tooth falls out right before Halloween?
- (He's pretty concerned about this sweet tooth)
- The other day I was kicked back on the rocking chair and a new bucket of chex mix style treats were on the table. With my eyes closed, half napping, I asked Mark to go get me one of the orange things. As I heard him approaching I opened my mouth for the anticipated tasty morsel. On tippytoes and giggling he tried to cram a real orange into my mouth. You said an orange thing. He's a prankster.
Huggier than ever - love this kid and our every morning snuggles.