Put the third coat of paint on yesterday morning, and put the wall all back together after work.
And then the UPS man knocked on the door with my new rug. Perfect. I knew I wanted a FLOR rug for a long time, and it worked out perfect that their 25% off fall sale started the end of last week. I made a decision and pressed the order button. It comes in 20" square blocks that you can order in a huge variety of combinations (I stuck with the same pattern for the whole rug, but debated for a long time about my choices) and took less than 10 minutes to assemble.
Tippy is happy to have something with a little more padding than the rag rug, and something that doesn't get caught up in her toenails. I'm happy to have something that doesn't slide all over my floor. It stays put.
The boys wanted to sleep on it last night (they didn't) and are happy to have a more comfortable Lego building platform.
- Greg got home just after 11. He's hoping that was his last trip to Kentucky. He said the drive feels longer every time.
- He took today off.
- The next wall is spackled, sanded, washed, taped and ready to paint this morning.
- The kids think it's really funny that you can't get in our front door right now for the furniture that I put in front of it, and funnier still that I blocked access to the cabinet that holds the calculators and physical therapy bands.
- I claim tired.
- Which is what I put on the note attached to Wendy's homework this morning. Tired has to be the reason that none of us could figure out that final math problem.
- I *think* I only work a two hour shift today, which hopefully gives me enough time then this evening to take the birthday girl shopping. She's anxious to get her hands on the promised birthday ipod, and she wants to pick out her own.
- Allan has an interview this morning. Fingers crossed.