My planner finally arrived on Thursday. I can breathe again. (as per so many requests - I ordered my planner from here: link)
Now.... to plan. Some of my hopes, plan and goals for 2014:
- To lose another 10-15 pounds, on top of the 25 that I lost in 2013.
- To run another 5K. My knee never felt up to it last year, but I feel confident it can tackle another one this year. In fact - I'd really like to run one in my bloomers in Minnesota in August. That'd be great fun.
- My brother is getting married this year - fun to be planning for a family wedding again. The spring catalogs already showing up in the mailbox have me looking for new dresses and duds.
- Greg is going to Japan next month for ten days for work, but his schedule is a good mix of sight seeing and classes. We've been busy researching and getting him prepared. He bought new shoes this week and is working on gifts for his guides. My facebook friends came through with a lot of great tips and suggestions. Thank you
- This family has reservations made in Florida. This is a trip we've wanted to make for three years (none of us have ever been to Florida) but the circumstances of the last two years had us postponing. I'm still anxious to get it in while Allan is still able and game to come with us. I'll believe that it's really happening when we actually get on the road - but I've already ordered Wendy's swimsuit (Lands End has a great sale right now), sunscreen and began the travel boxes.
- The boys start their private swimming lessons this morning - finally. It was a four month wait to get in.
- I am not doing Project Life this year - instead I'll try to fill in the gaps of the last two years. I love Project Life, but it got more difficult to keep up with when I began working every day.
- Speaking of working - I'm anxiously waiting to find out what happens at the board meeting the end of this month. For fifteen years I have heard rumors of our school closing (it's the oldest of the elementary schools in our district) and this year the talk is more prevalent than any other. It was shared at the PTO meeting last week that we'd know for sure at the end of this month.
- As low man on the pole, I don't know what that would mean for me and my job - but I'm not too worried about that right now - just a little bit anxious to just know.
- There was also talk about possibly going to a year round schedule - which we'll also find out for certain the end of this month. I feel like I can't make any summer plans until I know my schedule.
- If everything stays as normal, I'm visualizing a round trip to upper Michigan and then to MN (to run that 5K) I'd also like to stay a few nights at Boyne again - we really enjoyed our time there last year.
- Around the house, I'm hoping to tackle a few more projects. I'd like to paint the kitchen this spring.
- Funny thing - when Greg mentioned that he'd be gone overseas for ten days - the first thing I started thinking was ..... PROJECT. Allan and I both agreed that Greg is lucky he's gone in the winter or we'd be tackling his garage. I might be forced to tackle the basement instead.
- I had brought Wendy to urgent care last Sunday - and they said it was just a virus that had to run its course. It got progressively worse all week, much to her teacher's annoyment. I brought her to her doctor yesterday. She has a double ear infection. meh.
- She went to bed at 8 last night. I went to bed at 8:30. I've got the whole throat drainage, headache, ear thing going on. Sipping lots of apple cider vinegar and honey stuff.
- I get a little - figures - when I'm not feeling well on the Saturdays that Greg is finally home. I have no energy to go to the gym today. Hopefully tomorrow.
- As for today - time to get ready for swimming and then I'm going to knuckle down and find my desk and plan the yearly budget.
- I love my new planner.