- Our Saturday was exactly like the above photo. It was lazy. It was rainy. It was grey and the snow was melting. Greg had left at 4am for Kentucky, and Allan was working. Lazy was the word. Motivation was nowhere to be found. By any of us.
- Sunday was a little more active. The van was already warming up in the driveway for Sunday School when Wendy announced that her throat hurt worse than yesterday and she was hot one second and chills that next. Temp proved she had a fever. I sighed.
- And then I told her to be ready. After Sunday School we picked her up and hauled her to Ready Care. She tested negative for strep. Doc said it's just a virus that has to be rode out.
- She managed to get much sympathy from her teachers yesterday. Wendy does know how to work it.
- Sunday afternoon - Uncle George came over for lunch. We figured it was about a month since he'd been here. The holidays were busy.
- Then our annual congregation meeting at 2 and then home to get the kids homework done and ready for Monday.
- Yesterday it felt good to get back into a routine, work, etc.
- Last night we finally got back to karate. There is no karate when there is no school, so we've had the last three plus weeks off.
- And then was this morning. I've not been sleeping well lately. which is how I happened to hear someone eating breakfast (the spoon hitting the bowl falls into the tones that I hear well. unfortunately). At 2:30 am.
- I figured it was Allan. While today is his day off, he tends to wake up early on his days off too.
- And then the deck light went on. It was then that I knew it was Wendy and not Allan. Allan never turns on the deck light when he lets the dog out.
- I sighed.
- And then I crawled out of bed.
- Put on my bathrobe and went downstairs.
- Me: Wendy, what are you doing?
Wendy: Getting ready for school.
Wendy, glancing at the clock: HUH??????? Oh man.
- Another few minutes and she would have walked right out the door.
And that's probably the most boring blog post ever.
Time for more coffee before I wake the boys. And bonus - Greg is home - he got home from Kentucky just after midnight. We'll see how long we get to hang onto him this time.