We've been summer fun busy over here. Here's a bit of what's been going on the last five days.
- On Thursday, the boys finished their fort. Their big sister invaded.
- Thursday night we had a robotics club meeting. This will be the first year that our district has a robotics club at the elementary level. Seeing as how my husband programs robots for a living, it seemed like a good fit.
- When planning another meeting for August, I was surprised that we are the only ones with a difficult to work around schedule. I told them any time after the 15th should be okay, but not Mondays or Wednesdays, It is what it is. ha.
- karate twice a week, and on Saturday a belt test.
- He's an orange belt. After the next belt test he'll move up to another class and a blue uniform. We still have plans to start Mark at some point. With another vacation on the books for August, we just might wait until after that.
- Saturday night - I took the boys fishing. We've had worms sitting in our fridge that were begging to be put to work. We caught quite a few.
- The funniest moment. The boys had both stopped for a moment, so I threw a line and instantly caught one. I dangled it over the preoccupied boy's heads and Brian was all - Where did that come from????? Ha. I gave him three guesses.
- No big bass this time around.
- On Sunday we went to church and then I took a nap. Maybe two. Then there was kid shuttling and maybe a stop to get Slurpees for the boys.
- And I managed to hit f5 enough on my computer that I snagged a two night getaway at our Boyne timeshare in August, which we'll tack onto our trip back from up north.
- Yesterday was a very full day. I pushed the boys out of bed early and we were at the ranch by 9am to take pictures of Laura on her horse, doing what she does. I'll have a full blog post of those photos after I find a moment to dig into them.
- At the ranch for three hours, we did the McDonalds thing on the way back home.
- Cooled off in the a/c for a bit and then went to where Wendy had spent the night and the boys spent a couple hours in the pool while I enjoyed a visit and a snuggle with a newborn.
- We picked up Cottage Inn pizza on the way home.
- Ate in time to get Brian to karate.
- By the time karate was over, the boys were pretty much tuckered out for the day. I nestled them into their computer turns and with Allan home from work ....
- I took the girls fishing. We used the last of the worms.
- The final score was 7 to 5. Not bad for an hours worth of fishing.
- Greg got home from Georgetown at 11pm last night and slept hard, if his snoring is any indication.
- He took off again at 5am this morning for Toledo.
- If all goes as planned, we will see him this evening, but he'll be working a 5am to 5pm shift in Toledo all week, so we won't see him much.
As for today - I've heard plans for a water balloon fight, we have plans to dunk into another friends watering hole later today, and I've got some laundry and paperwork I really need to catch up on.
But first, a few laps around the block before it gets TOO hot.