- Another picture from our day at Potter Park Zoo
- I was going to title this post Happy Hump Day - but that term is like fingers on the chalkboard to me. Couldn't do it.
- Greg is still home, but his hours are crazy. I think his last day off was the 4th of July, although he did have one day off on his Kentucky trip since then....
- He's on midnights this week which is throwing my schedule for a loop. He'll get home about 9:30 this morning and go straight to bed.
- So after I drop Wendy off at soccer camp, the boys and I will run errands, go to the park, etc because it's a whole lot easier to keep them quiet when we're not home.
- But, boy - it makes it tricky to get things done at home. By the time he wakes up at 7pm, I'm too tired to do what I need to do.
- I definitely won't be leaving for the UP on Saturday. I've got to bump it a few days.
- Other randoms:
- I went to readicare on Monday. I had flipped this whole house over the weekend - and flipped my bed again on Sunday morning before church. Something was biting me, and I could NOT find any evidence of any bed bugs, bats, fleas, anything. It was making me insane.
- The doctor took one look and said, those aren't bites - you've got poison ivy.
- huh. First time for everything I guess.
- We're guessing my boys brought it in since my routine has been no different. A big shot in my butt and a prescription, some of the bite looking rashes are starting to clear up but I'm still having some itching.
- I'm just so glad it wasn't bed bugs. All we could think is that Greg brought some home from one of his work trips.
- Yesterday I began the process of making copies of my lost keys.
- Then I got to my van key. After several phone calls, the cheapest I can get it done is for $76 and that's without the fob.
- All the calls had this advice: Keep looking.
- Have YOU seen my keys? $10 Reward.
- I'm convinced they fell out of my purse or pocket somewhere. The blueberry farm said they'd call if they find any there.
- They were lost AFTER I put all the camping stuff away, so they are not in my camping stuff.
- We're camping again next week - but just for one night. In a cabin.
- I'm in the market for a new laptop. This one is four years old and starting to have meltdowns.
- I decided to trust my external harddrive this week and begin cleaning up the computer.
- Somewhere, there was an error and now I can't access my external. I was going to call the neighborhood computer guru yesterday - but decided to put it off until after our next vacation.
- Meanwhile - recommendations on a new laptop are appreciated.
- And what was that online storage that comes well recommended?
Back to the photo,...
When the kids were boarding the camel, I went into 'When I was a kid' mode.
When I was a kid, we used to ride the elephant at the Detroit Zoo.
The keeper of the camel said that I was the second person to share that memory that day, and she had no idea that they used to do that at the Detroit Zoo (twenty plus years before her time, perhaps).
As we were driving home, I also remembered that we used to climb on top of those large tortoises and ride those as well.
It'll be fun to see what these kids remember when they get bigger.
I still have more zoo photos to share, but for now - I've got to go shake some kids out of bed.