Truth. I've been a little blog slack again.
And camera slack. Very little of my summer was documented with the good camera. Photos from my phone or pocket camera in this post.
The last day of summer seems like a good time to get caught up, so - a few bits from August.
Kayaking. I didn't get out as much as I would have liked, but we did get out. It was a beautiful evening at Thompson Lake.
Sleepovers. There were a lot of them.
Wendy and her friends before church one Sunday. I have plans to pick her up at noon today so she can finish up her room before school starts tomorrow.
This week - Boyne. This has become an annual for us, but this was the first time we did the waterpark in about ten years. It was a promise to Mark since his ear infection cheated him out of Wisconsin Dells.
We went for the evening, and that was enough. The girls were done by 7:45, Mark shortly after and Brian by 8:30. They were open until nine. Perfect. I bought a pass and had my suit on, but never ended up going in. I wasn't feeling 100% and was fearing an ear infection. The kids were all paired up and I enjoyed people watching and my current book. I only wish I'd realized that I wasn't going to get wet and I'd have brought my good camera. And saved seventeen bucks. Alas.
Thursday had us a little relaxed. We rode the chair lift a couple times, but opted out of the zip lines this year.
The anticipated visit to the candy store. I also lucked out and got a few good deals at the clothing stores. They had end of season sales which got Wendy her birthday jacket early - something she'd been shopping for - and a couple new shirts for Brian.
We joined in on a volleyball game. Things got pretty competitive with our newfound grandpa and Uncle Dave. We played for well over an hour, and had a chuckle when of all the rooms and places to stay there at Boyne, our game mates were in the rooms next door to ours.
Another ride up the chair lift. I love that evening sun.
Wendy and my niece Elizabeth. Elizabeth came with us last year too.
I timed them. They talked about soccer for the first 2.5 hours of the drive. Solid. And then I put the Hank the Cowdog audiobook playing and they stopped.
These two are going to board the bus together tomorrow morning. Mornings might be interesting. I woke the boys up at eight this morning for this weekend's job. Brian went back to bed after they completed their work. We might take tomorrow evening off from karate. Maybe.
And back at home -
Wendy had a summer goal to paint her room.
We'll finish it up today. We painted all. day. long on Saturday. Today is touch ups, after I pick her up from her last summer sleepover.
We've also torn out the downstairs half bath right to the bare bones. I have to make some decisions on colors, floor, and style of sink, toilet and vanity. All in due time.
- Greg is working in Chicago this holiday weekend. We crossed paths Friday night/Saturday morning after we got back from Boyne and before he left. He should be home Tuesday sometime.
- I have other blog posts on deck. Planner updates, Brian's hammock project, Debt-proof living and some scrapbook shares.
- I'm hoping to get back into a routine once school starts.
- I'm a little edgy and pacey because I still don't know for certain what I am doing once school starts. I applied for one new job that I was interested in, but withdrew once several more qualified and deserving than me applied. There's another job available - application due on Wednesday. I'll be subbing that job this first week of school - but it leaves me with an odd 80 to 90 minutes in the morning between shifts. (my current position gives me a 2-1/2 hour gap - enough time to get to Novi to the dentist, or do a full grocery shopping) I'm hoping there will be teacher aide time to fill it with - but I'm not first in line for that either, or that I can find something at home to successfully fill it with. It's not quite enough time to get my grocery shopping done or fill with an appointment. I'm also content where I'm at, but then there's the whole question of what they are doing with the schools next year, securing more hours in the event they close our school. and how much is my husband working this year and and and and.....
- That's about where my mind starts spinning.
- I could blog with that odd hour I suppose.
- I need more coffee.