I've been so busy since school got back in session, that I realized I never shared the remaining highlights of my summer journal (a Midori Traveler's Notebook). I'm still journaling this fall with some fresh inserts, so I thought I'd do a little bit of catch up here on the blog. I'm getting things done today!
My weekly pages began to fill a bit routine and repetitive, filled with the same things week after week: karate, swimming, concerts, blueberries, doodles of trees and lines...
Don't care. It was therapeutic.
Every so often I'd shake it up, like here with some water colors. I like it well enough but I prefer colored pencils.
So that's what I go to the most, along with my Pigma Micron 005 (.20mm) (I will always love and prefer the finest point pen possible)
I had fun with this page. I began journaling all of my communications with Wendy while she was gone to soccer camp for a few days. It's a good example of our relationship. She still hadn't been released to from her chiropractor or physical therapist to play goal by the time this camp came around, so the wings were representative of her going anyway and trying a new position. I pulled inspiration from a photograph I'd seen on Instagram that morning.
When Allan came home I asked him if he'd doodle in my book. He did. It was a mistake. Nothing of mine compared after that.
But I kept at it.
I read more books this summer than I've read in the past six years combined. I used to read at least a book a week, so it did feel good to get back to reading. Now I've been reading the same book since the last week of summer.
In my updated Midori, I've included one book that is just for lists, and on one of those pages is books I've read. I have a pile to work my way through. Other lists include milestone pages for each kid. Those pages will highlight things like new belts in karate, new jobs, rewards, lost teeth, basically whatever I'm in the mood for.
So now into my new journal.
I'm still doing daily goals, but only two per day rather than three - and still doing weekly to do lists and daily journaling.
Occasionally I print my photographs onto regular paper and then modpodge them into the book. I did this a couple times in my summer journal.
For being five weeks into the school year already, I feel like I really don't have a lot to show for it journal wise, but I've got a few things. I'm hoping now that our schedule has lessened a wee bit, that I'll get that creative energy flowing again.
As for today -
- Mark had swimming lessons again this morning - I noticed a huge improvement since the last time I brought him two weeks ago. They are learning some tricky strokes now.
- Greg worked until noon and has been busy working on the bathroom every since he got home. This has us more apt to hire the upstairs bathroom out as this one is taking awhile with our busy schedules and the upstairs has a few more hidden problems to deal with.
- I've been catching up on a few things - laundry, list making, robotic stuff, bills, blogging.....
- And baking. I have to bake for church tomorrow, and I had to throw one more batch of something in just because the boys kept coming in with pleading sad eyes.
- Wendy would have to, but I've not seen her since 5:45 yesterday.
- She has a soccer game tomorrow.
From the week -
- One of the kids I work with at school asked me this week if I'm a grandma. While a lot of my peers are grandmas already, I am not. I told the boss that I'm not sure how much longer I can work with his particular kid.