.....I FINALLY got all four kids in the same space, but not long enough for them to give me any time to get my camera settings right as one was on her way out the door to work.
This'll do for this particular post. It'll have to, as I'm certain - based on our schedules - that it will be at least another 15 days before I get another opportunity.
- One of these kids made the Dean's List.
- Another one got a certificate of Magna Cum Laude.
- Two had perfect attendance the past school year - one for the second year in a row.
- One got a summer job, learning what I call a life skill, working for a guy doing heating and cooling.
- One backed out of our camping trip this coming week and will, instead, work - along with her dad and older brother. Lucky her, she also picked up an extra side job for the week.
- That same one is saving for a Volkswagon Bug.
- (and college, and clothes, and traveling, and and and...)
- speaking of saving - that oldest one hasn't had to take out a loan yet. He's in the middle of his junior year and debt-free, but with no scholarships or financial support assisting him. He is (we are) blessed to have friends putting up with him him up for a teeny tiny fraction of dorm living costs.
- Our debt-free living practices seem to have been passed down. He was nervous he wouldn't be able to cover his next semester (and we are here to help if needed, but believe the kids should pay their own way - for a multitude of reasons) but it's looking like he's got it covered.
- Two completed soccer camp this week and another finished a two week session in diving.
- One is on top of the leaderboard for the reading program at the local library.
- Two have dentist tomorrow morning.
- The other two need appointments. On my July to do list.
As for me - I told the boys this morning that today would be a stay home day, that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and like I'm getting ready for three things at the same time.
Brian: You ARE getting ready for three things at the same time!
That explains it.