Merry Christmas from our home to yours!
FINALLY, on Christmas Eve, I got all four kids in one photo.
I won't be sending cards this year.
(I had debated for a quick second about sending New Years cards - but decided that this mom needs a few moments of down time)
It's been a busy.
Robotics season tends to kick my butt as far as December preparation goes. With that season just having ended on December 16th - the days since have been a blur of shopping, mailing, cleaning, preparing, etc.
All that mattered, got done.
Next year I'll do Christmas cards again.
Other stuff -
- Greg has to leave tomorrow at 3:45am to get to the airport in time for his flight to Mexico. Those of you who have known us a long time, know that this is one of his predictable travel times (along with 4th of July) When Ford shuts down - he goes in. A month ago we thought he was spending this week in Chicago, last week we thought he was headed to Canada, and two days ago it was switched to Mexico.
- Wendy, meanwhile, will be heading up north with my van this week.
- I'll be at home pacing.
- Or snowshoeing. Several of us got snowshoes this year. Mark and I are planning on an early morning adventure tomorrow. My stuff is all laid out and ready to go. Camera battery is charging.
- I also promised the boys I'd take them sledding this week. We have snow!
- And, sigh, I have dentist this week.
- (down time. pshaw)
- And did you know that according to my hygienist, most people close their eyes when they are in the chair? Blows my mind.
- There is also hope that I'll find time this week to share some of the 2017 stories not yet told. Like the towing story. And some October shares.
- Rocket needs a haircut. (and so does Allan)
- I'm hoping to sketch out some new routines this week - some new attacks on the new year. My new ledgers and journals are all ready to go.
- I fell behind on my December Daily a week or so ago, so there is hope that I can find some time to catch up on that.
- (did I say something about down time?)
- I also have a book to read. Brian has to do a report on a book that we've both read. And that book should be fresh in my mind. (!?!?!?!) I made a promise to get that done over break since the report is due at the end of the quarter.
- Now seems like a good time to do that one...