I was being lazy about making ice candles this year, but then - after days and days and days....and days of below freezing temperatures - I decided, best follow through with the tradition. We do love them.
- Today, it was back to work and school. Still not sure if we'll have all three days of school this week. Those temps are getting pretty cold these next two days.
- Wendy didn't have to take the bus today. She's got friends who are very good to her.
- I haven't heard anything on the van yet as far as if parts were found or an estimate on when it will be ready to pick up.
- I've heard a few rumors of what's wrong with my van - so I thought I'd clear that up: (It is not a broken axle)
- What happened was, Wendy went into the ditch. All are fine. My van was even fine. Unfortunately, as much as we prepped her before she headed north - the one thing we neglected to mention was that even though we put a tow strap in the emergency pack - we do have towing coverage. It's a tough lesson, because I can totally understand how she thought they were doing the right thing. Unfortunately - the tow strap got put on incorrectly - even with multiple people, young and old, checking and double-checking. It was dark and the snow was deep. The strap was put around the cross member frame, so now - well, it's going to cost a wee bit more than the tow would have. Tough, and costly, life lesson.
- She's home safe and sound and that's what really matters.
- Until we get the van back - I'm back to playing mom taxi in the evenings. And she's really bummed that I can no longer walk to work. (me too)
- The crockpot will be getting a workout this next few weeks.
- Brian started jazz band today (in addition to regular band) and LOVED it.
Favorite book passage so far this year: "That's the duty of the old," said the Librarian, "to be anxious on behalf of the young. And the duty of the young is to scorn the anxiety of the old." - The Golden Compass
It was well timed.