- A morning workout
- signing up for the summer special (at the aquatic center) and being reminded that I had a $75 credit on the books.
- Greg being in town and able to take Mark to soccer leaving me able to get some things done around the the house (it's been a full week)
- having one of the two people who noticed my new glasses be one of my 3rd grade friends.
Young friend: Mrs. T, did you get new glasses?
Me: I did. Thank you for noticing!
Young friend: I love them. They really add some (hands go up to add some flare) POP.
- having third grade friends
- dusting off the backpacking backpack in preparation for summer
- reservations for Grand Island
- nine more days of school
- an unexpected yellow iris
- a happy shower curtain
- a temperature drop and open windows
- a fresh journal for summer
- nine more days of school (did I say that already?)
- waking up to what I think is a fantastic backup plan for the next school year
- the promise of getting back to daily morning Linda visits on Monday
- having a kid who says, "hey mom, that rhubarb looks ready to harvest, should I make a pie?"
- pie and ice cream in the house at the same time
- getting a text from a friend telling me that my blog was inaccessible to her because her phone had categorized it as mature. HA!
- having already purchased a Christmas gift
- listening to fifth graders read their own poetry
- long cozy chats and text conversations with my favorite daughter
- the end of sucky (cottonwood seeds) season