After the pacey non-productive Saturday I had, I knew I couldn't handle a pacey Sunday afternoon. I took the kids to Maker Faire instead. It was hot, but oh so cool. We began with some of the outdoor exhibits that I felt sure would have longer lines later in the day.
The ring of a trampoline and a bunch of unicycles made for some awesome fun.
We all took a turn with the big wheels. Even me.
We wandered back and forth from inside to outside to help combat the heat.
And then we wandered over to the village to get our carousel and custard fix. There was no way we were leaving before closing time.
Why? Because the Coke and Mento guys were the grand finale. My boys are right up front in the 'sit here if you want to get wet' section. They didn't get too wet, but they tried. Mark, especially.
We're definitely going again next year. Fingers crossed that Greg can join us.
He'd have really enjoyed the robot that carved watermelons.
As for today....
- It was hot, but not so humid.
- I dropped Wendy off at drivers and then headed to my foot massage appointment.
- It was divine.
- Then an hour and a half window before soccer camp.
- I took a long hot walk
- And then cooked corn on the cob for supper. It was the best corn on the cob ever.
- We went to the local lake to cool off at the end of the day. Even I jumped in.
- Greg texted that he won't be home today after all, but tomorrow.
- Here's to tomorrow!