What a month.
From the wedding, to my trip to Gurnee, IL, to a field trip, senior photos, winterizing the yard, Pa working out of town for two weeks, Halloween parties and the day itself, pasty making and just day to day living.
I'm thankful that we didn't have a lot of dentist and doctors mixed in there as well. Those are this month.
As for Halloween itself, we survived. We couldn't have ordered better weather - absolutely gorgeous.
I'm not much for Halloween costumes - as in, I don't go all out and make them for my kids. I do try to get various pieces at after Halloween sales, flea markets and garage sales - and the kids enjoy assembling them each year to make creatures/monsters of various frightening degrees
Who are you, son?
haha - I'm dad before he's had his morning coffee
This sugar buzzed kid spent the night elsewhere. Even George said, wow...it's quieter without Al.
Things to make note of
- One of the baskets is actually an Easter basket. Open containers work better than pillowcases for the little ones, and it didn't dawn on this mom that we were one pumpkin short until too late.
- Judging by the bunchiness is Brian's trousers, this bee costume won't be fitting him another year
- Wendy is convinced that Snow White has blond hair just like herself, so she refused to wear either of the black wigs that we have.
- Her costume has been in our box forever, a find from a garage sale about 7 years ago. I had to pin it up in order for it to fit her.
- Mark's costume was a 99 cent score from the Little Me store when they went out of business. Cozy.
- This was the first year of real begging for both the little boys
Markie pretty much thought the street went nuts as he looked out the window to see everyone out, dressed oddly, going door to door and getting (s)nacks
And Markie deems the holiday a success.
Tie my ankle to my scrapbook desk and work on some deadlines
Wish that the chiropracter worked today, as my back went out again yesterday
try to finish mulching the yard
and enjoy a feast of leftover smorgasbord for dinner
Enjoy your day!