I may be a little behind on my blogging, but at least I kept this one within the right month.
On the second of July - we flew.
We took off from the high school right behind Jerry.
The high school. Our district has a Freshmen campus and a 10-12 building. They are within walking distance from one another as there is some crossover for some classes. Wendy will move up to this building in September.
One of our seven elementary schools. We're due for some reshuffling soon. We've had changes in enrollment and new roads put in, but haven't redistricted in years and years. Now there are building use committees and parent committees all in place to help put forth a plan by December for the following year. It'll be an anxious year wondering where we'll all end up as employees and students, but it's needed.
Thompson Lake. I need to get the kayak out there some day soon.
It'll be easier now that we got Wendy's van aka: kayak hauler up and running again.
On this flight he used the phrase, "oh-oh" and "this isn't good".
I didn't ask why.
At this point I texted my mom and said hey! Look north!
And she waved. She told me again last night how amazed she is how quickly she feels at home here. She's lived in the area before, raised in Redford and again when we moved down just before my high school years, but she'd been up north since 1988. We're glad she's here now. She's been having pairs of grandkids spend the night all week - most recently Wendy and Elizabeth who got her playing with both snapchat and karaoke apps.
As for other stuff:
- Today is day 36 of our 87 days of summer.
- It feels busy from here on out.
- I bring Wendy to soccer camp tomorrow afternoon. Due to her ribs still healing from popping so much, we've decided that she'll opt out of the goalie training and just work on field techniques. We also decided to start with a physical therapist. Hoping to get a referral at their annual sports physicals the following week. (We have one we like, but need that insurance referral)
- I talked to Allan this week - he's still working a lot of overtime, but hopes to take two weeks off before school starts and come home for a few days before heading back to buy books and find his classes.
- Greg is home again this weekend, and is up early changing the oil on both the vans.
- I was surprised how early he was up, but as he reminded me - he's been going into work much earlier (ten hour days) so it was really sleeping in.
- I was able to, with a stroke of timing and luck, book a couple nights in Boyne again this year. It's become an annual.
- I had hoped to get to the Tall Ship Festival in Bay City this weekend, but I don't think that's going to pan out.
- This will be the first year in a long time though that we'll be in town for the Fowlerville Fair - so that should happen.
- It's also been our odd job summer. Wendy's had three different odd jobs so far, and the boys have a two week watering job starting next week. We went yesterday to learn the operation.
- My mom and I went to the Friday night concert last night, but it was chilly and started to rain. They had to pack up early.
Time for me to go make something of our day.