I finished up with the last of my scrapbooking deadlines this morning afternoon. I have others - but I can take a week off from my desk and, oh....wait....crunk..... Okay, not quite a week, but I can safely take the weekend off. Now my goal is to get all my photo shoots out the door before Monday. THAT will feel good. I don't take on a lot of photo work, my time just doesn't seem to allow it, but I do a few.
And sometimes I like to play before I start. For instance, I like how the photo above took to my playing.
Here's the original....
Fun, yes? I think the played with one is so much more arty and exciting, although the car is cool, if you dig cars.
My brother Brian taught me this trick last year for Lightroom.
- put recovery to 100
- put fill light to 100
- put contrast to 100
- put clarity to 100
- put vibrance to 100
- drop saturation as necessary (usually to about 1/4)
- adjust white balance to get rid of blue tint that might be there (it's there for some, but not for others)
- bump up blacks as necessary
- bump up highlights as necessary
- individual saturations may need to be adjusted
I tend to choose random pictures, now and then - this one still being a favorite. I was tickled when it turned out just as well in print as it does on my computer screen.
Enjoy. Me? Back to proofing......