I've been putting my new desk to some good use the last few days. Got my scrap on, I did. I'm totally going for a come from behind victory in the JBS Summer Games. FOUR layouts yesterday! To compete in these summer games the layouts must be inspired by the Olympics - but only one layout per event. For instance - Diving is my inspiration for the above layout, so I can't use Diving as inspiration on another entry. Each layout must also have three or more Jenni Bowlin products on them. I happen to have quite the stash to choose from, so this wasn't a problem. *wink*
The red circles on the above layout were made by painting the end of a cardboard tube and then squashing it just so onto my layout. A favorite technique of mine, if it can be called that.
For this next layout, I was inspired by Archery. I was googling the summer olympic events and while I don't have any archery photos - they have some fun colors in their logo. I kept the colors in the same order as theirs.
I added the t for fun - these girls come from three of the Tormanen boys, so the t means something. I finished this one up at 2:30 this morning.
For this next layout I was inspired by track. It's the races at our annual Sunday School picnic.
I love how well the die-cut journaling card fit here.
I clipped a few hexagon stickers to add a bit more punch on that top border. I finished this layout just after midnight.
And for this layout, I decided to be inspired by team, and titled my layout team 'hood. This is a group photo from Wendy's neighborhood summer party last week.
I used the stickers on the photo to label the first letter of each of the girl's names. Wendy was gone when I finished this layout, and since I don't know the twins well enough in the upper corner - I'll wait until she's home to help me label them. Mark was trying to help me this morning when I was photographing the layout, but he only remembers that they have different favorite colors - not what their names are.
- There was no ballooning last night. Why? No wind. At all.
- Which was fine - I had Mark's kindergarten open house to attend anyway. We walked up the hill and found his locker and classroom.
- Greg made it home from Cleveland in time for dinner.
- Allan made it home from work in time to say goodnight to the little boys.
- I have dentist today, and I really don't want to talk about it.
- Wendy spent a night in a tent at the neighbors last night. The boys were livid, they wanted to spend a night in a tent in our backyard. I wasn't up for it last night - but maybe this weekend. But boy, it was damp. I got the chills just thinking about it.
- 'bout it
- be good